Lichen sclerosis

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with lichen in the dottom/anus area?

If so do you have any advice ,

Thank you,

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine, I too have Ls in my anul area which hurts & splits when I have to have a bowel movement causing me great distress. I use the Clobe 0.5% & have salt/ bicarbonate of soda baths but I don't of anything else , hope you get some relief soon.

• Posted

Thank you, so much Yvonne,

Can you buy it over the counter?

I go back to see the Dr in march, but , that seems years away, I can hardly walk with it, I have got dermovate , ointment but I feel it's making it worse

Thanks for replying , to go

• Posted

Yes if I have a flare up I use dermovate first for a month twice a day then I go on to eumovate for a month twice a day then use the eumovate about 3/4 times a week ongoing. Till it flares again. You can buy bicarbonate soda from shops I just put a couple of handfuls in my bath water with a couple hand fulls of dead sea salt. But I am already to try new things, the problem with the clone it makes your skin thin.
    • Posted

Thank you Yvonne, I've just signed up to this forum,

Im beginning to feel a little better already.

• Posted

My suggestion is the advised steroid ointment and then also when not using that I would use Aquaphor ointment all the time throughout the day. You might ask your doctor about preparation H to help with the bowel movement.
    • Posted

Arrr, thank you,

You get to a point where it becomes so unbearable. ,

As I'm sure you know ,thank you for your help,

• Posted

I'm so sorry for your suffering, Lorraine.  I had a bad flare-up in the anal area and my dermatologist determined that I also had a yeast infection in that area.  Once I took the one-time yeast infection pill treatment, I immediately began to feel better and the sores began to heal.  We commonly think of yeast infections only in the vaginal area, but they can also occur around the anus.  You might want to check into that if you don't heal soon.

• Posted

Hi Dana,

Thank you so much, I didn't realise that

,I'm heading straight to the chemist,

• Posted

I suffer with LS in the vulval and anal area. At first i was Using the dermovate in the anal area, but then i started getting fissures so i started applying it there and it seemed to help heal them but they do still split now and again. i use coconut oil everyday to keep the skin moisturised and when the fissure are really bad i use a sitz bath with baking soda
    • Posted

Thank you,

I tried applying vassilean,this morning is helping a little .

How long does it take before you begin to feel better,

And can you use the coconut oil,in the vulval area as well,

I've been having baths twice a day, is that to much?

• Posted

Yeah I think a very important part to helping your symptoms is keeping the area moisturised. Yeah I use coconut oil in the vulval area as well, but it might be worth trying different methods of moisturising to see what works best for you. I think a couple of days using steroid cream once a day normally heals the fissures, I just haven't figured out how to stop them altogether yet. I don't think two baths a day is too much, but if the area starts to feel very dry maybe go down to one.

I hope you find something that works for you and you get some relief 

• Posted

Thank you !! Because ,I'm really suffering in the bottom /anus

Area, and still finding it heard to walk,

It's almost been a week now,

• Posted

Hello, Lorraine.  LS affects my anal area most too.  Bowel movements cause splitting and bleeding in anal tissue unless I keep the movements really soft.    It took me many months of experimenting with different foods, etc., before I finally was able to control the density of the stools. Yes, what a discussion, eh?  Thank goodness we can discuss freely and frankly here.  Here's my success story:  I apply beta clobetasol twice a week, add borax to my bath and also use a squirt bottle of water and borax solution to rinse the perineal area after using the toilet, then apply coconut oil after that.  Re stool softening, Twice per day, I drink a glass of water in which I have mixed a teaspoon of psyllium fibre and ground flax seed.  If I fail to do this faithfully, my bowel movements kill me and I bleed and hurt.  My doctor has said to be sure to get 30 gym of fibre every day and this is what works for me.  Also loads of cooked vegetables, less bread and potatoes.  A bit of bother, but now I rarely suffer from the splitting and bleeding.  

• Posted

Dear Helen thank you,

Where do you get the psyllium fibre from?

Do you get the borax from the chemist?

And hope this doesn't sound to silly,

with the

Coconut oil do you apply it as it is (white)

Or do you melt it in your hands first?

Thank goodness for this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.