Lichen Sclerosus

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 32 years of age and I have recently been diagnosed with a condition called Lichen Sclerosus. Since this condition was diagnosed, I have been in agony, blistering of the vulval area alongside with tearing which has extended to the rectal area. With this I have been suffering deep burning sensation and pain whilst micturating. I was given a steriod cream called clobestrol propinate by my G.P but this I have found has not helped. I have used every over the counter creams/gels you can think of but nothing has thus far helped me and wondered if anyone with this condition experiencing the same symptoms as me can help me find something that will alleviate my pain.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been using the steroid cream for? It usually takes a couple weeks to a few months to notice any improvement when using it. You could also try some coconut oil as a mousturiser, and some people on this site suggest using a baking soda spray after you have been to the loo if you have discomfort then. The people on this site have really helped me so I think you have come to the right place, hope you find something that works for you well
    • Posted

Thank you for responding to my post. I have been on the steriod cream for many weeks. I feel applying a steriod based cream thins out the skin area, making the skin almost elastic and easy to tear. I havent used coconut oil or baking soda as yet. Thank you for you suggestions. This will be tried.
    • Posted

Yeah I found the steroid cream seemed to be thinning my inner thighs and making them feel like they were going to tear, that's when I started using coconut oil and it helped sort of 'heal the skin'. Maybe ask your doctor for a different steroid cream if the one you're using isn't helping you
  • Posted

Some of us react to ingredients found in clobetasol cream which are not in the ointment version, which your pharmacist may be willing to switch to in a refill. One thing that helps almost everyone is cutting way back on consumption of sugar, including not eating piles of fruit or drinking juice. This makes a difference quickly while you're waiting for the prescription to take effect. If you want to spend a little to experiment, I've been very pleased with my mixture of a few drops of pure frankincense essential oil in 25 ml. Of jojoba oil. Don't apply any oil immediately after clobetasol. Wait an hour. You dont want them to mis and run. The baking soda helps many of us - 1/3 cup in the bath, a pinch in a squirt bottle. Protect your sore parts from urine with thick vaseline.

Glad you found us. This flare-up will calm down!

• Posted

I found that the steroid cream made things worse for me as well I asked for a different one witch I like a little better but I hardly use it what I found that works for me is being gluten free and I take probiotics whitch is very important also what is important every time I use the restroom I put 98percent aloe Vera gel I would also spray witch hazel then pat dry first untill your skin is healthy and at night after cleaning under my clitoral hood I put on vitamin E oil 45,000 iu it has made a world of difference I have almost no itching ir burning but I never forget my aloe Vera gel its a must every time you use the restroom
  • Posted

I have been using Clobetsol for a year now. But the flares keep coming. Then the yeast infections which I just read could be caused by the steriod. Have you tried emu oil? I have read some good reviews on it. I havent tried it yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.