Lichen Slorosis or Lichen Planus

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have skin deformity in the form of growth over parts of my Cervix area.

I was diagnosed in December 2016 for lichen sclorosis but have been on Betnovate for years after being diognose for excema of the vulva.  I'm now prescribed Betnovate which is much stronger .

i have discomfort in my coccyx and lower back and wonder if this could be Arthritus linked to the Lichen, I also have a very sore and red tongue , can anyone please tell me what is the difference between Lichen Slorosis and Lichen Planar.

catharine

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine

Lichen planus affects the inside and LS the outside. Oral LP does make you mouth burn and can make it sore usually when eating spicy foods and citrus... I avoid all spice.. hope your okay it is an awful disease but you can get it under control.. lots of ladies are on here with it and are very helpful and have a lot of useful tips. How old are you I'm 58.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Karen. I saw the Gynocoligist with very sore skin,itching and skin fusion.  I am 63. I have discomfort in what feels like the inside and outside the cocyz area and lower back , I'm wondering if I have LP though I've been diagnosed with LS.   I'm seeing my dentist Thursday and hope he can help.  It seems like the treatment for both are similar, though LP I believe is linked to Rhumitism.

Catharine.

• Posted

Do you suffer with your mouth Catherine when eating spicy foods.... My arms have been itching recently and have drove me mad I think it's all connected... Does your skin itch.... I had an abnormal smear years ago and had colposcopy and around that same time my dentist diagnosed me with LP although I never even had any symptoms then. Have you ever had any problems with abnormal cervical smears.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

My symptoms are:  Many years ago I was diagnosed with eczema in my genital region. It flared up when menstuating. I had Betnovate .  Then more recently about six months ago I had itching and soreness . My GP told me I had skin fusion round the Cervical area and referred me to a Gynacologist.  He has diagnosed LS and prescribed Betnovate a cortico steroid ointment.  The soreness and itching have almost gone but I worry about the skin fusion.  I have had a sore tongue for two weeks as though I've drunk a red hot drink, 

I will be off line now until tomorrow but would like to hear if you have any aches or pains connected to the autoimmune LP

Catharine.

• Posted

Hi Catherine

Sorry I hadn't finished yes I do get aches and pains... in fact having trouble with my left knee at the moment..

• Posted

Hi Katen,

My Dentist found lacy skin on my cheeks and my tongue is sore and red, he recognised this as LP and has given me a letter to take to my Consultant at the end of this month.

My aches and pains are in my lower back it feels like someone whacked me with a cricket bat over my cocyz and Lowe hip bones.

But I'm not dwelling on it and trying to lose my extra stone in the hope it will help.

How are you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.