Life after Venlafaxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Totally Stopped Ven 5.5 wks ago and i'm still so up + down. I ache all over -esp legs + knees.My mood goes up + down + am very flat mood wise at the moment.Quite honestly i just want to watch TV all day -i have no inclination to do anything.Is this still withdrawal ? How long will this last?Experiences pls of life AFTER stopping Ven.There are lots of postings about how to stop.I am on 15mg Mirt.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did your legs hurt while on Ven? I started trying to get off of it, but couldn't deal right now... My legs hurt all the time but didn't think about it being from Ven. I understand about tv. Takes your mind away from your thoughts.
    • Posted

Hi,+ thanks for reply.It is nearly 6 wks off Ven + i'm feeling much better.My legs did ache + knees.In fact they are still not right but cld be from the Mirt.Whenever my anx got so bad it wld start in my legs so with aching legs I still worry that the anx will return so have to try + ignore leg pain.I am seeing a counsellor who (luckily) i like + have faith in.After 6 wks of going cold turkey I am feeling much better after going thro hell
  • Posted

Yes, still withdrawal.  How long did you take ven, and how quickly did you come off?  Did you cold turkey?  This one is a bear to get off of and many who have cold turkey'd have reinstated because of the severe WD effects.  I went off too fast last year and suffered horrible WD symptoms for 10 months before reinstating.  Many will say after that much time that it wasn't WD, but there are withdrawal forums full of stories of people with protracted withdrawal, that, after enduring a year or more of WD symptoms finally came out the other side feeling better than they did before taking the meds!  

Docs will tell you that after that much time, you've relapsed, but it's not true and they really don't seem to understand withdrawal at all!

• Posted

Hi. In on day 4 of no Ven. Been on it 15 years. Withdrew over 6 months. Yesterday was bad. Crying at work. Brain zaps constantly. I need to keep trying as I need to be off these tabs due to collapses. The cardiologist said its the Ven that was causing them. Thank god I'm off work for a week 😊
    • Posted

I only take a HRT tablet as I had my ovaries removed during a hysterectomy a few years ago. Day 5 has been better. Brain zaps the same but not as emotional 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.