ligament tear?? help

Posted , 4 users are following.

10 days ago my right knee kind of locked in the leg press. didnt feel any dislocation (like the knee going backwards) or any pain. I continued my training that day but was feeling kind of discomfort behind my knee like i pulled a muscle or something.

The following days the knee didn't swell at all, my muscles didnt loose any mass and the leg didnt loose any range of motion but was feeling a bigger discomfort (back of the knee)  with the extension when walking and running . deep squat and full range of motion ok.  knee feels weak however.

now the discomfort has been much better but not gone. i tried some bosu (one leg ) today also to test the knee with no big problems of stability. 

is it possible i tore an acl or pcl ? ?? 

would be difficult for me to stand on the bosu ? wouldnt i have some swelling?  

i have an appointment with the doctor in 7 days ... 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good that you have an appointment to have knee checked out. Meanwhile, ice and elevate. Let us know how things work out for you.
  • Posted

When in doubt, contact your doctor. You only get two legs.
  • Posted

Although MRI is needed, BUT if you are OK then you are OK! If you feel a real pain and discomfort then more investigation is needed. Follow "The pain".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.