liquid diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have my opp in 18 days and im thinking about what food i need in for after i get home. What liquids did people have to start with?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

a lot depends on what type of surgery you are having as the dietary advice could differ as some surgeries are more restrictive than others and therefore need finer tuning however when i was on this stage i used to have smooth soups, yogs, smoothies, also meat and 2 veg type dinners put through a blender with gravy to thin it down - i drank water, tea, coffee and juice - no fizzy - i made myself a batch of soups and froze them in small individual portions - i knew that if i did not fancy them they would come in handy for lunches when i returned to work - good luckj  
    • Posted

Im having a band. Im thinkimg soup but didnt really know what else. Yogurt sounds good though and milkshakes maybe. Do people make regular shakes or is there a certain type which people use??
  • Posted

you could have stuff like slimfast which has nutrients in and you could liquidise fruit, yog etc to make yr own smoothie/milk shake - you could add powdered milk for exra protein - i used to make a concoction of corned beef, gravy, mash pots and a few veges and put them thru the blender - it was a bit like the inside of a pasty and very

tasty

• Posted

Hi I did the asda meal replacement they are very nice and a lot cheaper. I had oxo drink as well hope this is of some help to you. I had my opp 14 weeks ago and have lost 30lb now but a lot of that was from my pre opp
    • Posted

Thanks i will pick some up. Will have to try lactose free milk wirh them as im lactose intolerent and dont usually drink milk!
  • Posted

Hi that should be fine I used a blender/juicer put ice in it and it come out like MacDonald lol . Oxo worked wonders .I have had my 3th fill now 5mls in all still not tight got 4th on Tuesday
  • Posted

your bariatric team will supply you with a diet sheet for when you are post op an they vary from hosp to hosp so its important to follow whatever dietary advice they provide - a lot of the time though i just had what everyone else was having in my household and i put it through the blender - didnt look very nice but it served its purpose and it was for such a short span of time in any case - good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.