LIS surgery 9 days away..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So after 22 months and 10days of torture im finally having LIS surgery. Aftrt reading up i really wanted closed but my Dr only does open.. Im terrified and freaking out with snxiety. Alot have had major success but my negative mind is expecting the worst

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had a closed LIS but from what I've learned I'm thankful mine was open LIS.  Why are you concerned about the "Open" procedure ?  Has it been explained to you ?

• Posted

Just throughout my reading ive seen alot of things saying that open is more risks for infection or fistula and thats the laaast thing i needrolleyes
  • Posted

Its been 3-weeks since my surgery. Believe me when i say this, "Right after surgery the same day, you will be fine". They give you a pain killer immediately. The Main surgery is nothing compared to our Anal Fissure pain after a BM. I was able to walk but i did slowly for the first 2-3 days. Docotr says you can go about your same routine. Crazy huh. Just be careful of walking to quickly. ANd rest the first 3-4 days after. I have my follow up appointment tomorrow with my surgeon. Im happy about that becasue i still have discomfort and would like to know is it due to the surgery or the fissure just taking time to heal. I will let you know what doctor says tomorrow abou this.

Yes i really recommend surgery, you will be fine. Just think you will be on your way to healing. -Good Luck

• Posted

Yay thank you for your reply! Im so glad youre doing better..i hope this is me in two weeks.. Ive been so anxious with the waiting that i was hoping id get enough positive replies to relieve my anxiety..thank you so much for your success storysmile
    • Posted

Well i had my follow up with the surgeon today being this is the 3rd week from my surgery of LIS. And like Josh2121  , during a colonoscopy I to had a Polyp removed a month prior to having my surgery.  I told the doctor im still having some pain and about how much longer should i expect this pain to go away. He said anywhere from 4-6 weeks. I have another follow up in 4-weeks with him. As of today im actually feeling much better then the days before with my BM. So I'm hoping for a full recovery in just a few more weeks, God Bless. -Good Luck I'll say a prayer for youcheesygrin
  • Posted

Hi Melanie-

If your surgeon knows what they are doing you should have a barely visible vertical incision 1-2 centimeters on the left or right side of your anus.

Upon inspection my wife wasn't even sure she could see it. When I tried to look it barely looked like a scratch. It should not require and stitches and will likely heal very quickly. My surgeon even explained which knife he would use and why. Ask many questions. I had virtually no pain from the LIS part of my procedure and I'm sure you will do just fine as well. Are you only having LIS done or anything else.

I had a polyp removed and a fissurectomy which left me uncomfortable for about 7 days and then from there I just kept getting better. I'm 6 weeks out now and feel like I'm about 95% At this point. I'm praying for a full recovery by 2 months. It's slow but steady at this pour and Im being careful with my diet but not super strict.

• Posted

Im having the LIS as well as a hyperatrophied papillae removed. I was probably dumb in watching utube videos on it and now im dreading it.. Theres been times in my AF pain that im so blinded by pain the thought of death as relief crossed my mind. I have two small children and a disabled mom that i take care of and nobody to help me after surgery so im very uneasy about it but i just cant live with this daily torture..To make matters worse i have IBS-D so i Visit the bathroom 3-4x on a good day and 7-8 on a bad day. This thread has definately helped me make the final choice to do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.