Lisinopril

Posted , 5 users are following.

Would like to hear from anyone who is or has taken this tablet .I'm hoping these  are better than last one's felt really dizzy and depressed on my last prescription.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Lisinopril has worked much better for me than anthenolol, with minimal side effects and also kept my bp at an acceptable level. I take 15mg daily.
  • Posted

Hi there.   Look at the blurb that comes with your tablets.  You may find that you have a lot more side effects.. I feel, from taking different medications for HBP that any drug ending in "pril" will have the same effects.  Most of them are not life threatening but they can make your life miserable.. They change the quality of your life.  You can't do what you want or what you used to do. I don't know what else I can tell you except that when I complained to my doc about the side effects he told me to stop taking the pills!!!  Hope you have better luck,
  • Posted

Hi Ann. I developed the typical ACE inhibiter cough. It got worse as the weeks went on unti I thought I would go mad. I was coughing during the night and day. I found out that the cough is caused by kinins which are not filtered by the kidneys. They travel in the blood stream and lodge in the lungs, consequently the cough. I stopped taking Lisinopril  3/4 weeks ago. The cough has eventually gone. I am taking Grape seed extract which is controlling my BP. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi I have been taking Lisinopril for 10 days now got a cough that keeps me a wake all night plus has anyone had pain in there hands from these . My hand's ache  and painful lifting pans etc stress not my wrists the back of my hand never had this before though i do suffer with joint and muscle pain (fybromyalgia ) only  taking 2.5 mg a day plus bendroflu whatever water tablet

• Posted

Hi Ann, I stopped taking Lisinoprin about 4/5 weeks ago due to the cough. I coughed continually day and night. This is caused by kinins (toxic waste) getting into the blood stream and lodging in the lungs. The coughing is the bodies way of trying to dislodge it.(I got this information from the web site). It can take weeks for the cough to go once you stop the medication, it is known as the ACE cough. I am now taking Grapeseed extract and no prescribed BP medication. My BP is now averaging 127/85 on the Grapeseed. If I were you I would go back to your GP or try the Grapeseed extract.
  • Posted

Beware i have been on lisinopril for 10+ years and for about the last 3 month i have had severe breathing problems could not take any deep breaths, i tried everything to relieve symptons going to doctors at least 3 times walk in centres the same and one day went to A&E waited about 6 hours to be told i ok i showed them my medicines,still desperate i went back to doctors who said he thinks it is lisinopril , i have been off for a week and breathing slightly improving.
    • Posted

I am sure your difficulty with breathing will be due to the Kinins (toxic waste) that will have lodged in your lungs. My Asthma became so bad alongside the cough, that I was using the inhaler 4 times a day and in the evening. Since changing to Losartan I hardly use my inhaler at all. So glad you have stopped taking them. You don't say what meds your GP has put you on.
    • Posted

Hi nannylynn

Been put on 50mg losartan,I stopped my statins also I stopped Amlodipine,i am taking control after being left on this medication with no proper checks.

• Posted

Good for you. I am on Losarton with no unpleasant side effects at all. I was also on Amlodipine but due to swollen legs and ankles I told my GP I would not take them any longer. I do take Grape seed extract which is proven to help lower BP, it is also an antioxident. I take 1 x 300mg with food daily.

I hope all goes well and you are better on the Losarton.

• Posted

Still having breathing issues due to list optic. I am using Himalayan  salt pipe inhaler which is helping. I trusted doctor and now am suffering. Lesion pro should be banned. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.