lithium

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can someone tell me how to stop trembling on lithium as a side affect? My whole body shakes. I can stop

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Never taken Lithium always been on Lamotragine and Quinipine had no problems with them, hope you get sorted out
  • Posted

Have you just started on lithium? This will pass, if not go and see your doc. I have been on lithium for years and never had a problem.
  • Posted

AJ:

When was your last Lithium Levels Blood Test you got? It seems to me that could be that your Lithium Levels are higher than what they're supposed to. 

The therapeutic Lithium Levels in Blood are very near to toxicity. And I don't wan't to scared you but, Trembling is one of the effects of a Lithium Toxicity. You MUST go to your psych to have an order and do it ASAP. The range MUST BE between 0.6mEq/mL - 1.2 mEq/mL (I am not sure about the measures because it can change from lab to lab and from country to country).

Summary: GO TO YOUR PSYCH, ASAP! Get well soon!

P.S. If you can let me know what she/he says or what's happening to you after you came to you doc will be GREAT! Wishing my Best to you!

• Posted

A couple weeks ago I came down from a manic episode that lasted 5 months. Yesterday Dr decrease lithium from 1200 to 600 a day because of the bad tremors. I'm 3 days in on another manic episode. HELP!!!
  • Posted

Also my balance has been off and ringing in my ears
    • Posted

Yeah, I get a blood test every 3 months to check my levels in case of toxic.
  • Posted

Are you drinking too much alcohol? If so It can affect youre lithium level and cause severe tremors...Go and see your Dr and ask if you can come off lithium and try other meds... Quetiapine and semisodium valproate works for me, which means no more blood tests and has stopped my embarrasing tremors
  • Posted

I hope by now you've got some relief from the trembling. I have tremors in my fingers which is z nuisance when texting but nothing as bad as you have experienced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.