Lithography Failed

Posted , 2 users are following.

Back in Feb I had my fourth or fifth stone blasted with lithotripsy, previously I've had the operation to have the stone removed. I'm now on holiday in Spain and I'm getting all the usual symptoms. Pain in the back and side, peering and needing to Lee again immediately, sometimes a good flow other times a trickle, upset tummy and pain in the Pitt of the stomach, the feeling of the stone about to leave me but stuck. It has basically ruined my retirement holiday but I'm back next week and ill be straight on to my urology dept. Has anybody had lithographs fail on them and had similar symptoms?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please excuse the typos but I think they are easy to work out smile

• Posted

Lythotripsy does not always destroy stones in one go. I was scheduled for 2 sessions but fortunately, the stone had disappeared by the time of my second visit.

If you are in Spain, it is easy to get dehydrated in the hot weather so you will have to take on even more fluids that you would do at home.

• Posted

Thanks Sheffnet, I'm currently doing about 3.5 litres but will up that a bit. The discomfort and tummy upset is the so restrictive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.