Little advice please - Lower back pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

So just wanted some advice :

Firstly I am one of these people who just ploughs through life without bothering doctors etc - Bad i know

I have been suffering on and off with my lower back for the last 4 weeks - I am getting pain down through my legs and my legs tend to feel rather weak - I have had issues urinating when having this pain and it tends to feel as if I am trying to pee through a small straw (Slow and pressured)

Thing is this comes on - Lasts a couple of days then goes for a few days.. Been happening last few weeks.

I always assume people think the worst in diagnosis so tend not to listen to many people - My brother is a Trainee Paramedic and when I told him about my back he told me to see someone straight away as it could be Cauda Equina Syndrome.

Thing is I have not found anything about it just coming and going - 

Thoughts?

Cheers

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Best to get checked out before its to late, even if they say your OK, best to get checked.

Sounds like you might have a bulging discs as the pain in your legs. Sometimes resting is good, but if you have tingling in your bowel or slowing down of urinating get it checked...

Not all bulging discs need surgery sometimes injections and physio can work.

Best of luck

• Posted

Ur brother is right they are classic signs ur nerves I would think around l4 l5 are being pushed against by a disc bulge. It's worth getting a mir scan. I was like u breeding through life gym golf then at 50 run into a brick wall. Not to go into detail I was left for 6 days showing full cauda equine established. I had major compression of the spine. I was left to long I have had urgent back surgery on the 6th day I had a mirror scan. It was sent to Kings hospital the see the scan I was rushed from my hospital bed to Kings . Straight for surgery. I was told the had relieved the pressure but I might have mobility issues bladder and pooing . I had established cauda equine syndrome. They were right I stop weeing at 1st I had a subapubic catheters then I stopped pooing had a a colostomy stoma then I had a urostmoystoma ileal conduit. Then I had my bladder removed then 2 major hernia operations then my colostomy stoma was really done as the top of the stoma was bad. I won damages I have mobility issues. The pain is worse then before. The medication helps. I could be having a neuromodulation modulation disc put in my back it breaks up the pain signal as it's a electric signal. If they had not sent me home the when they did admit me to hospital they left me with no help no pain relief. I did not know the problem I had.

8 years on my life as chanaged. People say all the money u have I say I want my old life back I had money a good job. I would have retired at 55.

Get ur self to ur doctors u don't want cauda equine established syndrome. I have the worst out come of any ces in the UK.

• Posted

Hi I am 35 and feel the same way you do about seeing doctors, but ces is nothing to sit and wonder about. If you have ces and don't get it taken care of immediately you could always have bowel bladder and sexual dysfunction, also could lead to paralysis from the waist down. I am not saying this to scare you I just know how serious this can get and how fast things can go down hill. Please please please go see someone immediately .. Keep us updated

• Posted

I have had it coming and going for a month now.!My

feet hurt so bad at night that I cry.I take a neurotin and all is well.

I know my dr will want to do surgery so I stay quiet.As far as shots

go,t hat is why I have this.After shots I was left paralysed

from waist down.They got me walking again and this Ces hit.

It can come and go,I don't know how long I can go this way

But I do not want the surgery.

Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.