liver.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 4 effervescent cocodamol a day and if i haven't got any i take effervescent paracetamol. I had my bloods done last week and my ALT was high. I was wondering if taking 4 a day would show on my bloods. I also take fluoxetine and ampitryptyline but my gp says they wouldn't cause it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dianne,

I used to be prescribed the soluble co-codimal but my doctor changed me over to tablets as the soluble contained salt.

• Posted

Is it the salt that does the damage? The tablets don't seem to work the same.
    • Posted

Dianne,

I wasn't given a reason for stopping the soluble tablets,it may be something to do with my angina,as  I am on a low fat,low salt diet.

Recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes,so in addition I have to watch my suger intake,I hope nothing else goes wrong.

• Posted

Did you magage to see the doctor? It sounds like you should have a heart to heart with your GP, particularly as you have these health issues. I hope everything works out x
  • Posted

Hi Dianne

I wish I could help but I'm not a medical practitioner... just someone tackling their problems. There might be other posts here that could be helpful x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.