Liver cyst fenestration

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was first diagnosed with a symptomatic simple liver cyst last August, and referred to my local hospital last November. Then after various scans, tests ect I was re referred to kings on 2nd April . Surgeon said I need fenestration of the cyst and I am on the waiting list. It's 19 weeks since second referral . I've had pre op assessment and been told as its a cancer hospital I'm low priority. It seems I'm not ill enough for kings but too complicated for pembury. I've lost my quality of life because of pain, had 2 emergency hospital admittances & am taking oramorph to help. I've had upper GI bleed and bowel back up because of meds. Help, I don't know where to go for advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are in pain, I have found living in pain takes over your life.

I would ring the hospital and speak to your consultants secretary and ask how long will you have to wait, explain about your pain and how it's effecting your life.

Hope you get some answers x holly

• Posted

Many thanks for your reply,I'm going to ring secretary on Monday, just waiting to hear from PALS, will post when I hear something.
  • Posted

I think your best bet is to speak to your GP and ask them to chase up the refferal. It is also worth asking KCH if they have a rough idea of when you will get the op, and be sure to explain you are in a lot of pain (mention the oramorph). Putting it in writing may be better as then they have a permanent record of it.

If neither of those are successful, try talking to PALS or whatever they are called now and ask them for advice.

It is a nasty situation to be in but keep holding on in there. Just make a nuisance out of yourself and hopefully they will get you in quicker. Are you able to go short notice? If so let them know that you can attend short notice (tell them how much notice you need) and they may call you first if there is a cancellation, but it may mean going in with only a day or two's notice.

Let us know how you get on?

• Posted

Hi! I'm in much the same position and wonder who your consultant was and how you got on? I hope it's all done now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.