Liver enzyme level of 47 for ALT

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I had a blood test two weeks ago and i called the clinic today and they said everything was fine (CBC, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Liver tests) except one of my enzymes was at 47, which is just above the 45 max. Problem is last year it was the same, and the year before that also. Always high 40's.

I don't drink at all, my BMI is 24.5, and I don't really think I'm fat except for maybe a bit of flab around the belly. I don't do drugs and the only supplement i take is occasional magnesium. 

Should I do something about this? Or is that just a normal reading for me? I'm 35

Thanks

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My ATL is at 60 but my test say that is normal 🤷🏻???

• Posted

Mine was 56 a few days ago. Routine blood tests.  Am a bit worried - GP says repeat in a month and drink less!
    • Posted

Hi jenny 64166. I recently had a blood test which showed an ALT of 53. I also have to repeat in 4 weeks. Just wondered if you had repeated yet and what the result was?
    • Posted

Yes I did have it repeated. I drank less and it was 37!   No need to repeat.   
    • Posted

Glad to hear it. I was told the same thing, I did and mine went down to 43! Just got to sustain it now!😊

• Posted

Sounds fine.  I also think that the ALT levels for 'normal' differ a lot depending on who you ask!  My Dr wasn't that bothered by 56 but NHS guidelines want it 35 and below although think that is a new guideline.   Yes, just got to sustain it!    

• Posted

First test everything was fine but ALT was 61.... re-took blood test a few weeks later didn't drink any alcohol and it went down to 56- (normal was 52) they want to do ultra sound and tests- thoughts? Nervous about it especially when you google what it could be....Advice?

• Posted

Hi my husband has diabetes cholesterol and now his blood test last three month of his enzymes was 42 and now it has gone up to 47 should I be worries? .thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.