Liver enzymes elevated

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband's liver enzymes are Alt 171 and Ast 193 during a routine blood test 2 weeks ago. He is a social drinker limited to mainly summer on the weekends in regards to drinking. He has since then quit eating.processed foods, he is working out, and no soda. He has lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks and he is scared to death. He is scheduled for an ultra sound this week. Any opinions and advice would be great.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My enzymes are 285 right now (not sure which ones). I feel like crap, am breaking out in bad acne, cannot lose any weight and have no energy. I hope they find out what's wrong with your husband soon!

• Posted

Thanks shenade I hope they figure out what is wrong with you also. It sucks not feeling good.
  • Posted

Hi tell him not to be too concerned as many things can raise alt and last, including meds, injury, infections and more, so if he had cold etc or statins that's probably why but they have to follow through with more test

• Posted

there is no reason to be too concerned.  As others have noted: lots of things can make the enzymes levels elevated.   Others can have pretty serious liver injury and have "normal" enzyme levels.

they are just data points.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply....theverything posts really help ease my mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.