liver level is ALT 66... AND AST 33 very worried cant sleep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys a month ago i was told that my liver levels the AST was 332, and my ALT was141 but when i went in and had blood drawn i had alcohol in my system and i did not tell them about that can that be a reason why they were so high since then ive stopped drinking and its been a month and my numbers are ALT66  and AST is at 33... ive been stresing very bad about it am i ok am i back to normal please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, of course, drinking right up until the test will push the figures up. Next time you have a test, quit the alcohol for a week before the test.
    • Posted

i appreciate your help since the results i 've stop and my numbers went down my new numbers are ALT66  and AST is at 33 does that mean it was a cowincidence for having numbers that high when i went for check up. or should i worry, does that mean i can never drink again.

• Posted

No, it means if you have a weekend of lots of alcohol just before a test, the results will show this. Next time you have a test, leave the alcohol for a week beforehand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.