Liver MRI Result...Please Help Me to Understand....Very Worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello to All, I'm 36 years old....( Don't drink....very healthy ).I'm new to the board ...Can someone help me to understand my MRI result please...I'm very worried... The elevated liver enzymes and my doctor ordered MRI.....The results are saying as follow...Any advice please...Thank you

Two sessions in the right lobe of the liver . The larger one is a hemangioma. The smaller lesion is also probably a hemangioma , but does not demonstrate significant enhancement tp confirm this, possibly sclerosed. Recommend 6 month follow-up MRI to ensure stability

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had MRI's every 3 months then six months and now yearly.   They report no change.  But I do have lesons that haven't changed, so I stopped worrying.  Of course, I am much older than u, but I have hadPBC for 20 years.  As long as there is no change in blood tests my doctor says ok.  I do get tired and other symptons, but doing well for a 74 year old.  Prayers

• Posted

Hello nancy89875...Thank you so much for your reply...
  • Posted

A liver hemangioma is a non-cancerous (benign) mass in the liver. A liver hemangioma is made up of a tangle of blood vessels. Sclerosing hemangioma of the liver is an unusual tumor type, probably the same as the first, but they probably couldn't get a real good look at it to be 100% sure. That's what it sounds like to me anyway. If they are going to wait 6 months to do a follow-up, then they're probably not too worried about it, in my opinion.

• Posted

Hi. I had my US scan 2 days ago because of the pain in abdominal area. I am told that there is a cyst on my liver. The girl who did the scan said she wants a 2nd opinion from dr. I have been worried since. Can anyone help me understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.