Liver pain and drinking

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am almost 17 and have been drinking for about 5 months heavily. I drink cheap vodka everyday (about half a liter more or less) I'm aware I have a drinking problem. I get heart pains and liver pains almost all the time (drinking or not). I was wondering what someone thinks of these pains, it makes me very uncomfortable and i am not ready for rehab. I had sharp heart pains for awhile on/off, recently came the liver pains, mostly when I inhale it's very disturbing. I also have pains in my back and intestines. Please someone reply, there are too many diseases of the liver and heart to know what it is for sure.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Your 17...the body is very resilient...I don't know what liver pains feel like....And I don't think a liver has pain....I think what you are experiencing is "health anxiety"...because you know what you are doing is not healthy. I am 51...been drinking for over 30 years..I was like you and "imagining" symptoms...

​Every time now that I am older and go to the hospital for detox..it is not my LIVER..it is the pancreas..us drinking causes pancreatitis...and eventually possibly pancreatic cancer.  The liver is so repairable on its own. 

Drink lots of water during the day.  Take vitamins..and try to eat correctly..AND...its good you are realizing your "alcohol problem" at a young age....Try to moderate or stop all together. I could almost say 100% your liver is fine...IF MINE HAS BEEN.

• Posted

Thankyou for replying to start off, I must be insane if I'm imagining pain or maybe not if the liver does not feel pain but it sadly makes me feel better that you have been drinking for 30 years and you are still 'ok', I hope the best for you. I buy and take liver support pills and vitamins as suggested cause I don't want to stop drinking. Again I hope life is treating you well.
  • Posted

I'm thinking...oh dear. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. But living as you do it will be a very short life. If you are not ready to quit drinking are you able to ask for counselling via your GP or social worker to get to the bottom of why life is not good for you and why you need to drink vodka to get through the days? 
    • Posted

I don't know why I need alcohol to get through the days I go crazy and get anxiety if I don't and start shaking. I lost a good friend cause he went into cardiac arrest and my parents just went through a hard divorce other than that I have no friends cause of drinking, well I'm to blame I'm just saying what influenced it, I guess. Other than that I have no real problems to be honest. Honestly dieing doesn't sound too bad, I just don't want to go out like a bum, you know. My life isn't so bad, I do it to myself, I stopped smoking weed and started drinking everyday and everythingsvbeen ok until now. Thank you for replying, just letting you know what's going on
    • Posted

Oh, about the dieing part I replied to the wrong post for that haha just so you know that wasn't too random
    • Posted

You say you don't know why you drink and then list a whole load of valid reasons why you do! Are you still at school or college, is there a teacher or tutor you can turn to for advice as to where to get support for your anxieties. Is there a youth drop in centre where you live to go to, or a youth club. Do you have grandparents? Failing that I suggest you go to your GP ad tell them what you have told us, they may be able to refer you to a support network or point you in the direction of how to get through this trauma of your parents divorce, and then hopefully how to find a group of peers that don't drink or take weed - maybe a boxing club or somewhere where you can get fit and healthy with responsible adults to look after you. At 17 you need to find a new zest for living rather than thoughts of dying. Dying from liver damage is not quick, it is slow...very slow... Months and years of getting sicker and sicker with all sorts of very unpleasant side effects. 
  • Posted

If you're not ready to stop drinking at your young age are you ready to die at your young age your body's telling you to stop if you don't listen only you are to blame, like I tell my kids if you know what the problem is, fix it or stop worrying about it and live with the consequences . Good luck and I hope all goes well
  • Posted

Nothing can dignose you in here. If you are indeed worried about it, you need to see a Doctor. The liver is an amazing organ and can heal it's self if the damge is not to bad within a month. However you need to stop drinking first. I suggest you stop all together and stay stop to give it a chance to heal and see if the pain goes way.
  • Posted

your welcome..the biggest point is...you realize...your not doing well..and STOP...thats it...stop,,,friend.
  • Posted

You are just 17. And came up with a serious issue, this is only because you drink too much. I advise you to stop drinking. For more information I recommend you to negotiate with an expert. You can visit TopDoc.
  • Posted

Hi Sam 

i myself have been a drinker like you from a young age, I'm now 52 

and just ( july28) had a liver transplant through cirrhosis mine was end stage, I was a very lucky person Sam. So it's good you notice this problem 

but you need to slow down ! Your body aches because your dehydrated  drink lots of water there are things such as liver pain trust me,

slow down and good luck for the future

b.w  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.