Livial I love you!

Posted , 78 users are following.

:D I have been taking Livial for 4 months now and it has really changed my life. At 52, and not having had a period for 18 months, I was suffering terribly with night sweats which woke me on the hour, I was totally sleep deprived and unable to function at work. I was also depressed and had absolutely no interest in sex. I can honestly say that I have not had one hot flush either during the day or night since taking it, my mood is balanced and I can't get enough sex! My weight has stayed exactly the same and my only compaint is that it is a bit expensive. I will certainly keep taking it for as long as I am able, I have done my research extensively and have found no reason to stop.

11 likes, 238 replies

238 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How great to hear something so positive about Livial. I have just started (7 days) and was offered this product about 6 months ago but was put off by the negative comments. I am now determined to give it a go and hope that my results will be similar. I am also 52 and having a nightmare time with hot flushes and night sweats which disturb your sleep and make functioning a huge challenge. I have been taking Remifemin for 4 years and this helped initially but has not helped hot flushes for the past 12 months.
  • Posted

Thank goodness someone is positive about this drug,I have had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and have started on livial a week after my op,I am still recovering at home and my emotions are everywhere.I am 34 yrs of age and it was discovered that I was suffering from endometriosis and therefore had to stay away from natural hormones such as oestrogen as it encourages the endometriosis to grow on other parts of the body.It is a very worrying thing to read all the negative comments on this site because livial seems to be my only hope.I must take HRT until I am 50, I also take prednisalone for another complaint so not taking hrt isn't an option due to the very high osteoporosis link with the pred, so please if anyone has anymore positive things to say about the drug please post.thanks
  • Posted

I havebeen taking Tibolone for over a year now and feel absolutely wonderful on it - the moods have disappeared and the hot flushes too have left me and I only have praise for this wonderful drug. I have experienced a little weight gain but this certainly outweighs the hot flushes considerably. Its so nice to be \"normal\" again. Thanks Doctor
  • Posted

I am 32 and no longer have ovaries or tubes due to endometrosis.

I am having extremely bad sweats in the day and cannot control these they make me feel ill and I am so tired as they every hour like clock work so I don't sleep.

The doctr has put me on Livial I started this last Friday and nothing is working, how long does it take, anyone got a idea?

Also is this a combined HRT I haven't a clue about this tablet only on its risk levels as Breast and Uterus Cancer

• Posted

Hi

I have had preventative breast and Ovarian surgery as I am a BRCA2 positive person, so normal HRT was not really an option for me. My gynae put me on Livial as I had terrible sweats at night meaning I could barely get up for work in the mornings.

I have been on it just over a year.

Apart from a bit of facial hair - which I may have got anyway post-menopausally - it has been fantastic - increased libido, no sweats whatsoever, no moods. Hopefully it is also protecting my bones too. These things are probably very individual but I am more than happy on it!

Jane

• Posted

:D

I am happy to add to the list of positive experiences with Livial. I have been taking it for 2 years now and find that it relieves all the horrible menopuase symptoms. I tried to reduce my intake to 5 per week rather than 7, but became soooo tense that I resumed the full dose and now feel myself again! I suspect that the only side effect i suffer is some weight gain, but then again I could drink rather less red wine ....

• Posted

Hi. Please can you tell me how long it took for Livial to work? I have only taken one and it seems to have exacerbated my symptoms. I guess this is just my body readjusting to the hormones but I'may just looking for some reassurance. Thank you.

• Posted

I'm on day 3 of Tibolone after a prostat 3 injection for endometriosis/adenomyosis. Day one hurt, now im feeling like I'm due to start a period, even though it's been 19 months since I had one. Good to read all positive reviews, as was dreading starting them smile

• Posted

Hi Sue - me too, I had my TAH & BSO 4 weeks ago & started Livial 2 weeks ago was very sacred but at 38 to be honest the thought of menopausal symptoms scared me more. I was desperate to try something & although it's early days I do not feel any different to how I felt when I had my ovaries so so far so good. The thought of facuial hair & weight gain make me a bit wary but time will tell.

Hope you're getting on ok.

• Edited

I am 58 and have been on Livial for about 7 yr. My major problem was [i:5ad73e6feb]desperate[/i:5ad73e6feb] vaginal discomfort which really really blighted my life, in all respects... Had tried ordinary HRT and also oestrogen patches (allergic reaction), neither helped at all. Livial cleared up the vaginal fire and dryness, and also helped with creaky joints and libido. My only problem/fear is that the doctor will at some point say I have been on it long enough! So for me... great stuff!
    • Posted

Very similar story to you - 54 and yes just love it --- I too dread the day I may be told to give it awaysad Till then I shall enjoy and be grateful for how this amazing thing makes me feel.

Loui x

• Edited

[quote:98aeb99594=\"dansan \"]Thank goodness someone is positive about this drug,I have had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and have started on livial a week after my op,I am still recovering at home and my emotions are everywhere.I am 34 yrs of age and it was discovered that I was suffering from endometriosis and therefore had to stay away from natural hormones such as oestrogen as it encourages the endometriosis to grow on other parts of the body.It is a very worrying thing to read all the negative comments on this site because livial seems to be my only hope.I must take HRT until I am 50, I also take prednisalone for another complaint so not taking hrt isn't an option due to the very high osteoporosis link with the pred, so please if anyone has anymore positive things to say about the drug please post.thanks[/quote:98aeb99594]

Positive, positive, positive. I am 47 and have gone through menopause. I aslo have just discovered I have osteoporosis. I have been on Livial for one month. I feel fantastic on it, soooo much better. I have spent the last six months feeling and looking old. I now feel young, strong, my skin is better and libido back. I want to stay on it forever. All medications have a downside, but I am happy that for me, Livial is all benefit and hardly any risk.

• Posted

hi everyone, i had a total hysterectomy in june 2010 due to endometriosis. i was put on climavil hrt patches after which caused headaches and pains and i was then changed to livial approx a year ago but for the last 2 to 3 months i have started to experience the abdom pains, back pains, leg aches, exhaustion, joint pains and bloating etc that i had before my hysterectomy. its not as bad but its still bad enough to cause problems to my everyday life and routine especially with my 4 year old daughter here. please could anyone recommend any other hrt or treatment for hysterectomy after endometriosis? i am now taking my cocodamol and voltoral tablets for the pain that i was on before my op!! thanks, nina.(aged 26, west sussex)
  • Edited

Hi from Australia. I started Livial because I had tried many other HRT's plus natural remedies for menapause with none of these helping my diminished libido. My Gynae prescribed it saying that only women who had not had a hysterectomy should take it. My libido returned (better than before), I had renewed energy and clearer head. I did notice increase in facial fuzz which I can cope with. I stumbled on this website when looking for cheaper supplier because it costs $56 here. The negative posts worried me to a point where I was considering coming off it under the guidance of my Gynae. I wonder if the symptoms mentioned were going to occur anyway. I'v been taking it for more than 10 years and she assures me it is quite safe but wonder if I should see what I am like without it.
    • Posted

Hi bront45, I am also an Aussie and I wondered were you able to find a cheaper price as it costs around Australian $ 170 or more for 3 packets (180 tablets ). 

I have been on this for about 5 years and my wonderful doctor passed away, she told me that I could stay on them as long as I needed to because I suffered so badly from hot flushes I did not sleep much at all which caused my Fibromyalgia to really worsen.

My new doctor is young and told me I needed to wean myself off and i am now on 1/2 a tablet every 2nd day and I cannot sleep and now feel like a zombie and am in agony with pain.

I will try and talk to her again as I have given this a month and feel so ill, I was on 1 tablet every second day and that seemed OK.

If anyone could help me with any advise or any better price for this medication I would be very grateful.

• Posted

Hi Tia77, I am also an Aussie and just started taking Livial.  I paid $235 for 4 packets of 28 tablets.  I have only been taking them for 9 days and so far I have had no relief from the constant night sweats and hot flushes. My daughter suffers from Fibromyalgia and she takes D-Ribose which is a vitamin supplement.  Her Physician suggested she take it and since taking it has helped her energy levels.  If you can get it in a powder form it is quicker absorbed by the body. Feeling like I need to take some myself to see if it helps until the Livial  starts to hopefully help my symptons soon. At about $60 per month, I hope it starts soon. 
    • Posted

Hi Bront - I am in Asut too and claim it back from my health fund, If I couldn't I would still stay with it - such a wonderdrugsmile

Loui x

• Posted

Hi Tia always get that second opinion - your lifestyle and sanity is at stake here. I am in Aust too and just love Livial (Tiberlone) if you have private health you can prob claim it backsmile

Loui xx

• Posted

Aust too - flat out as per usualsad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.