Living with Fibromyalgia...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone successfully been able to collect Social Security benefits due to this fybro and all the other underlying issues that goe with it?

Any information would sure be appreciated...

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hI Christine

i was finally diagnosed with fibro in 2005 but have been on benefits since 1998 and get DLA.now have arthitis too and other conditions that make waking/functioning difficult-nigh on impossible

• Posted

Hi Christine;  I can't answer that for Australians...(I have only just asked our Centrelink the same question & awaiting a reply).....but I have heard that in England, a lot of the forum speakers talk about PIP....others willl tell you their experiences......if there is anyone in 'Australia who does, I, too would appreciate to hear................Bron
  • Posted

I have since 2001,hope it works out for you. Now since I have been diagnosed since 1995 currently I have other autoimmune diseases that also contribute to my pain and not being able to walk I was diagnosed with Ms that recently has changed to a new diagnosis of nmo and also transverse myelitis along with autonomic dysreflexia so besides getting disability from the government I also get in home health help and care my husband also get paid to take care of me which helps us financially due to him having to take off so much work take me to my Dr and stay with me and I'm really bad
  • Posted

Hi Christine. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking. Following your question as I maybe in a similar situation. Fibro has just been mentioned in a recent consultation as a cause to my pain. Thank you.
  • Posted

Hi Christine94335 In england you can claim pip and esa your local cab office can help with form filling and advice on what benefits you can claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.