Living with testicular atrophy, anyone the same?

Posted , 4 users are following.

In about 2013 i noticed my left testicle felt slightly swollen and my right testicle was a bit too small, i went to the docter where then i got reffered to a urologist. I had all the ultrasound scans he said he didnt know what caused the shinkage and that there was no possible way of restoring your testicle he said it was most likely due to infection. I was told that the blood flow looked fine in my atrophic testicle nothing was twisted or cut off but he advised me getting it removed as it could turn cancerous in 10 years time. 

So here i am now with these unbalaced nuts they can get a bit uncomfertable at times but ive learnt to live with it it. I feels like i have an over awareness of my balls now as before i never used to think about them at all. It does get uncomfertable sometimes which draws me back from being the best i can be which sucks. I've got a bit of a dull sensation at the minute so im trying to pluck up the courage to again get things checked out as its been 3 years. I like the idea of getting rid of the right testicle but will the prosthetic feel worse or should i carry on as i am. The idea of surgery scares me and which is really affecting my decisions with all of this. Are there any of you who had problems with atrophy or have prosthetic testicles could shed some light on my situation? 

Thanks for your time guys 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well, I guess you have never heard an

about (47 chromosomes) xxy males. As an xxy male, my testes have been atrophied since puberty. They are smaller than yours. Most xxy males are sterile and have small testes that are atrophied. Mine are pea sized. At 42, I had them sewed to my scrotum because they were traveling up and down into my inguinal canal. Someone on this website stated they have artificial testes. Look for xxy guy.

I was once told I should have them removed, but being over 50, the doctor was told it was to risky for me to have the surgery, so I still have both of them. Tiny ones. Years ago, it was common practice to remove atrophied testes because it was thought to cause cancer, but that did not happen to me. My testes are about the same size, so I don't know about your situation, having one large and one small testicle..

I know from other xxy's that if you have an artificial testicle put in it, it restores your male confidence that everything is normal down there. It feels normal. Advances in medicine have improved the quality of artificial testes. But it is a surgery. The surgery means they would have to open your scrotum to place the artificial device inside. Most men don't want to think about. I live in the US, but most men on this site are in the UK. It is your decision whether to have it removed, but you have concerns take your doctor's advice but insist that you get an artificial one to replace it.

Good luck

• Posted

Wow I didn't even see this reply of yours until after I'd posted mine, I thought I was his only reply. cheesygrin

You know we don't actually know how many XXY guys are sterile, a great many may indeed have some sperm in their ejaculate?  If every XXY was discovered, and had a sperm test, we would know, currently it is estimated 70% of XXY's are never diagnosed.

I do agree with you though that artificial balls are great confidence boosters, provided they're the right size and consistency.  The first 2 I had were so small and hard, they didn't resemble real balls at all. They were quite useless.

• Posted

When I was 16 my balls were about the size of a jelly bean each, roghly 1.0mL in volume.  When I was 12 I'm sure they were bigger than that.  It turned out both my balls had atrophied, which is expected for XXY males, which I happen to be.  The solution was for me to get artifical balls. It was quite funny the look on the nurses face when she asked if I wanted the left of the right, they come in pairs and they different, and I replied "Both please!"  biggrin  She was trying really hard not to laugh, but she just couldn't quite manage it.

So there you have it, if you don't like that unbalanced look get an artifical ball, they look and feel just like the real thing, from the outside. Inside balls are really oblong and laying down.  

It's a shame you had to wait so long for me to find your request.  If you're concerend about pain, I dunno, mine were always painfuil but my doctors assured me it was all in my mind.  (like what would they really know?)  Your pain might be all in your mind too?  

To find out you might like to flick your atrophied ball with your middle finger?  If you drop like a stone, as I would have, I think you can be assured your ball still has  feeling.  If you have surgery on your scrotum you're going to feel it, you'll need pain relief.    I had 2 artificial balls fitted and the real ones left in, and it was agonising, like being kicked in the balls every day, when I was silly enough to move,  for 6 months.  It made working  quite difficult and heavy lifting was out of the question for a while.

Hope that helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.