Lloyds diabetes test

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am wondering about these free tests at Lloyds. Ours is a small local pharmacy and I don't really want to have to discuss things in front of other customers. Do they take you somewhere private? I do have a sibling with Type 2, am very overweight, nearly 50 and for the past week have been feeling woozy and lightheaded for a few hours each day, even when sitting. I do exercise but constantly fail with my diet. This year I have lost 7-10 lbs on three separate occasions but have put it back on each time so I am exactly where I was 12 months ago. I do drink a lot, tea or diet fizzy drinks, but always have done. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They should take you somewhere private like they do at boots just ask the pharmacist to speak to th in private, I do suggest that you see your own Dr who will send you to have a blood test, I am type 2 diabetic and have to have a lot of medicines too.

• Posted

Thanks Marilyn,

I phoned to check in advance (why didn't I think of that first!) and they do take you to a private booth as you said. I have an appointment tomorrow to do a fasting test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.