Locked/frozen shoulder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had issues with my knees and shoulders for probably 15 years. My shoulders go stiff and get extremely painful to a point where sometimes one will hurt so much to move it i have to use the other arm to lift the painful arm. They hurt to lay on.

It goes alongside paindul knees where i can barely stand.

I have had physio, xrays and bloods done and they cant find anything, the physio just made it worse. I havent seen a doctor about it for years as i just feel its a waste of time. I feel like the shoulder and knee issues are linked....any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My stays of shoulder didn't show anything (I've had really bad pain in both for a long time). My doctor referred me for an Ultrasound at the hospital and that showed Rotator Cuff tears. You should insist on the Ultrasound!!

• Posted

That's meant to say X-rays

• Posted

knees are weight bearing hinge joints....another hinge joint is the elbow

shpulders are a ball and socket joint.....another ball and socket joint is the hip.

That you use your stronger arm to help the dysfunctional arm indicates a nerve compression on the supraspinati which is responsible for the first ten degrees of abduction. The deltoid may also have a compression. The deltoid is responsible for abduction from ten degrees to ninety degrees.

Sometimes a passage of time makes diagnosis obvious....perhaps you will consult with a different physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.