Lone Afib and scared

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm new to afib and I'm scared to death. I had to call 911 thurs morning I woke up and had what seemed to be a run of pacs that just kinda felt like they were stuck. My heart reached 216bpm the nwent down to 184. The medics were able to break the episode by me blowing with my thumb in my mouth. I didn't go to the er I took a baby asa and half of Xanax to relax. I've had two more of these episodes 2013/2015 and 2017, I also suffer from anxiety but I knew this was not right just like last time and the yall say it's my anxiety. I purchased the alive core for my phone nad it came up afib today and the medics said psvt so I went to my cardiologist and yes it's afib I'm so scared I don't want to have a stoke I'm scared to go to sleep I'm 35 don't smoke or drink and I'm not over weight, I have no health problems. Dr started me on toprol xl 12.5 once a day. No baby aspirin. I'm so scared please someone just reassure me.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi first Cani say you are definitely not alone and that is normal to worry 👍

• Posted

But at least your doc is aware of it and you can go from here forwards finding out much more about Afib I was diagnosed 2 years ago and was terrified I felt so alone until I found this site the lovely ppl helped me come to terms with it and suggested things I could do to help myself e.g. Fodmap diet , more water and magnesium etc it's helped so much and the anxiety is fading a lot but knowing it's so common made me feel more resurred , look up ways to help keep the symptoms at bay coupled with the meds you need , hope all goes well and Remember ' knowledge is power ' Bea x

• Posted

Thank you so much!! I'm praying I don't get another episode for at least two years. The first two times I had it stopped on its own in about 15 min. This time latsted 25 min but I was so worked up and I was able to break it by blowing hard. The toprol today is my second dose makes me feel weird. I think I know what might have caused it I had palps all last week on and off but more then usual and a little stressed and Aunt Flo was late sorry tmi. So I'm thinking hormonal and all just got aunt Flo yesterday. Now back in august I had palps all day long a week before Aunt Flo and no afib. I told the dr either I'm

Crazy but why does it come like clock work every two years either Jan or feb. 1/2013 2/3015 1/2017...

• Posted

Mine always seemed to come every 3/4 months at around 3 in morning when I was relaxed I rang emergency service but stopped after a hour or so my bpm went from 47/53 to 200 one of mine stopped when I was coming downstairs and nearly fell I went back into normal sinus rythem , I'm on blood thinners now to help prevent a stoke , but yours seems to be triggered by anxiety maybe zoga or meditation might help in your case ? Worth a shot x

• Posted

I don't think it's triggered by anxiety bc I have panic attaches here and there with heartvrate up to 150 then I'm fine. It's my pacs I think trigger it bc I woke up Thursday morning and they started to come and then just took off and I knew it. I wanted to try buspar for my anxiety but it says it might cause more palps. I'm just disgusted

• Posted

Hi ....Don't worry and don't scare .AF like the alarm in your body means that you have somthing problems.. But don't be scared the strock and death cause by afib are very less percentage especially in your age.

You have to look to your life and sea what is the problem in your body ..

- Are you drinking too much caffeine such as cofee, tea and power enargy drink.

- Did you was constepated befor you had AF..

- Are you smoking drinking alcohol..

• Posted

No I hardly ever drink sodas or sweets I don't smoke and I hardly ever ever drink. No just skipped beats the week before and heart burn and had a stressful work week. I suffer from Anxiety attacks and have bouts of fast heart rate but never does it go into afib. This is all before my monthly cycle which came a day late. I had the runs but no constipatstion. It felt like I had mos for the longest time which was very different too.

• Posted

Hard Runs caused me AF I had the AF when I was 32 or 33 years now Im 42 finally I did Creo Ablation last May I stopped all the medicines after 3 months from the cryoablation until now no AF only few times Sinus fast rythum.. don't run only walk 1/2 or 1 hour maximum walking speed 4-5 km per hour

• Posted

Wow that's amazing so no afib? What meds were you on and did you have any risk factors? Yea so I guess when I get a run of pacs what causes it. I get them but occ rate not like this past week and I guess Thursday morning I had the run of them.

• Posted

Yes on 2006 the firs meds I took was corodoron the risk factor Ithey caused me problems in my Thyroid then I took same your med toprolol they caused me lazy and very low heart rate and constipation, Then I keep changing the medicines until I took Multaq 400 gm 1 tab in the morning and 1 in the evening for 2 years I don't remember afib back to me during multaq then my doctor told me don't be with multaq long time because of the risk factor and gave me Flecainide 100 mg and told its the minimum risk factor in al afeb med..

• Posted

But you don't have highbp, diabeties etc... how often wasxur episodes no baby aspirin or blood thinner

• Posted

I don't have High pb and diabeties ..I was taken aspirin but because of my blood bleeding always from my fingers stopped but later time before and after the ablation I took paxipan

• Posted

Ok ugh this is so frustrating. The dr said no aspirin bc I have no risk factors so I said ok. He said it won't kill me he said I can be mad at but not scared.

• Posted

Hi I'm surprised your doc asnt given you blood thinners it was the first thing the hospital did but he must think your not high risk which is good news for you x

• Posted

Yes he said I'm low risk because I have a structural normal heart and no other risk factors at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.