Long depression concerns

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thank you for reading this. I am 44 and have had depression on and off since age 17. Currently been depressed this time since January. Finding it hard even wit doing the basics such as washing and doing anything for myself. My motivation is awful.

I am on sertraline 200mg, quetipine 100mg and mirtrazipine 50mg. I was diagnosed with BPD, borderline personality disorder and it threw me. I also have anxiety and am isolated. I have no friends. I have a fiancee and it cuts me up to see him feel so powerless and I want to be further along in this journey but I am stuck. My mood fluctuates and I can rarely stop ruminating. Please let me know if you've ever been in a similar position as me. And how you got through. I am quite desperate. Thank you.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am where you are, too Poetrgirl

• Posted

Bless you. I am now several months into this and things are very strained in my relationship. My fiance wants me to return to my own house but I don't want to go in case it means it is over. He said he has come tomresent me as he can't get doi g his own routines cos I am here. He has said I am not strong and I feel he is always putting me down and even being emotionally abusive at times .....

• Posted

I have had depression for nealy 17 years and anxiety started in December.

I know how you feel some bouts i go through leave me unable to function.

I just weather the storm and hope I come out the other side.

Do you have family  who can help or a therapist?

This forum is excellent for support

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Thank you Lynne. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Seventeen yrs is a long time. You are strong.

Yes I have a few aunts who might help me. Before when I was down they took me to their house for dinner. I have recently been worrying that my partner is being emotionally abusive. Have done a lotta reading about it and he has isolated me and turned me against my friend. He is becoming fed up with my illness as it is lingering and I am still struggling with self care and my confidence is on the floor. Sorry to ramble ... I am must so despairing.

• Posted

Hi my heart goes out to you as it sounds like you're having a really tough time. Talking is the best tonic really, being as open as you can with a therapist about how you're feeling. I find light exercise helps also although it takes a supreme effort. Being on the right meds is key. Take care
  • Posted

you tryed green tea it will help alot,it has a chemical in it that alows seratona to pass over the brain,never been into herbal crap but it does help abit on top of the medication,try cutting sugar out as well,hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

Sorry you are suffering so much.  Depression does zap all motivation and everything else.  Since you have had it (off and on?) you know this will eventually wane. Take one step at a time, keep in touch with your docs and family and give yourself a break.  Stop blaming yourself, this is not your fault.  You will be in my thoughts and I wish you a speedy start to recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.