Long time sufferer, any advice appreciated (Warning: detailed post)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, my name is Neisan.

I am a 27 year old male suffering from acid reflux, severve bloating, specific and focused pain on left or right side above belly button (intermittent), fatigue, frequent and loud stomach gurrgles, and constipation.

I had a hiatus hernia and acid reflux which was fixed in 2012 via nissen flundipication. I was symptom free (and very happy) for 6 months, then the acid relux came back whislt I was working in Korea. Check up endoscopy showed my surgery wrap was holding well, so that was not the issue. I moved to Japan in 2013, and since then the other symptoms gradulally got added to the list over time.

This has been constant and chronic for 2 years now. I live a happy and stress free live not including this disease.

I've tried every antacid and PPI known to man, nothing works (Even lansoprazole, which worked before my surgery, no longer works).

I've tried all kinds of function dysperia and digestion slowing/quickening medications, none work.

When I try consipation medication, I have a bowel movement, then go straihgt back to being consipated (I naturally only have 2/3 bowel movements a week. Said bowel movements are either very large and painful, or pepple like.)

I have a bengin GIST (a kind of tumor) in my duodenum. Japanese doctors say its not the cause of any symptoms, and it would be unwise to remove it unless it turns cancerous.

Multiple endoscopys, CTs, Blood tests and a colonoscopy reveal nothing more than some inflammation from the acid reflux and a little bit of anemia.

I dont smoke, rarely drink and I exercise about an hour everday (cycle to work).

My suffering has progessively gotten worse over 2 years, and some days it feelsl like its all becoming too much. This affects me all day, everyday. I can't enjoy anything because of the symptoms. I feel desperate.

ANY help or advice would be appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had severe gastritis resulting in bloating and adominal/stomach discomfort. Just as you tried everything so did I. Then my mom mentioned drinking cabbage juice. Since I don't have a Juicer she boiled a head of cabbage in a large pot and boiled the cabbage with the lid on till it was apparent the cabbage was overcooked. I then drank the juice as if it were hot tea . It only took two cups when I felt my discomfort was noticeably decreased. It was enough to enjoy myself. Drink it hot and you'll get used to the taste easily. Hope this helps you. Bill
    • Posted

Interesting, I've never heard of this!! I'll give it a try, thanks!
  • Posted

you should probably drink more and eat more fruits this could ease the bowel movements; basically eat more high fiber foods hopes this helps if you haven't tried it already. Get well soon.
    • Posted

Ah I should of mentioned diet was one of the first things doctors mentioned! I eat lots of fruit and veg and drink tea like a maniac haha. Thanks anyway!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.