looking for good vitamins

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi could anyone give me advice on what vitamins to buy?

im looking vit d,c,b, and fish oil.

any advice would be great.

much love

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why do you want to take a vitamin supplement? Are you concerned about your general health or worried about a specific condition? If these are real worries then it is best to consult your doctor for advice. But I'd tread carefully on the vitamin issue. Perhaps you could say something like, "I've been wondering whether I would benefit from a vitamin supplement. I would really appreciate your advice doctor as to be honest i'm pretty much out of my depth on this issue." A  little bit of flattery goes a long way! If your doctor explains that there is no value in taking extra vitamins, just say, "I respect your expertise Doctor." But be humble. Next step would be to pop into Boots or another high street pharmacist and browse the shelves for a multivitamin preparation. Go for the cheapest as they are all the same apart from the price. Follow the dosage instructions on the jar and you are sorted. There is a problem with taking vitamins because you don't know whether you are vitamin deficient in the first place. There is a possibility, however remote, that you will experience toxic side-effects. The other problem is that you can't tell whether the vitamins are doing you any good. But if you go for the cheapest and you can afford it there's probably no harm in it.
    • Posted

Does it really matter why I ask?

The foods we buy today are full of toxins and chemicals, thats the governments for ya. Why supply us with healthy food? Because it might help us live longer after all us beings are not suppose to get sick in the way that we do. Its the toxins thats killing us. And the biggy theres not enough vits in our daily food intake. So supplements must be used

• Posted

You could have a vit D blood test to see if you are deficient, if you are not I would not take supplements, you can overdose.  You may be better finding out about what foods contain what vitamins and how much you need for a healthy diet. Do you feel healthy without taking supplements?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.