Looking for some advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had stoma reversal and resection on 19th May went to see the surgeon last week and was discharged but today I have been to the toilet a lot and have noticed some blood on the toilet paper and I am just wondering would this still be normal at this stage after surgery I know that people say things are still settling down but I just worried.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello!

If you've been going to the loo a lot you may just be sore and made your backside bleed. Is the blood bright red? If it is I doubt it's anything to worry about.

I had my reversal 31st March this year and for a while it felt like I was passing battery acid. I still have days where I get bad diahorrea (it's a bile malabsorption thing..) and go so many times it makes my bum bleed. I have a very large pot of Sudocrem near the loo and this helps enormously.

I never actually passed blood as an after effect of the surgery though.

If it's really worrying you pop to your GP and get it checked.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Thank you for that it is bright red and that is what I was hoping but can't help worry sometimes.  It is reassuring to know that you still have days that can be bad as I feel like everything should be ok by now.

You have definitely have made me feel more reassured.

• Posted

Hope you're feeling better today?

I know what you mean about hoping everything would settle.. It certainly takes a while!

If you have bad diarrhoea quite regularly maybe you could ask to get your bile absorption checked? If part of your ileum was removed this could be the cause. I've been prescribed Colesevelam which reverses the problem (rather too well sometimes!) and I have just started B12 injections too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.