Lorazepam instead of Clonazepam?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've been taking Fluoxetine 30mg, now for 3.5 weeks. I also take a maximum amount of 0.5mg of Clonazepam per night to help with sleep problems, which are also exacerbated by Fluoextine, I believe. The doc suggested I might consider taking Lorazepam instead of Clonazepam since it makes you sleepier than Clonazepam but suggested that I not take it a day before I have something important to do (don't really have too many days like that...) because it can make you drowsy. Can anyone share any experience on this matter?

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is your doctor mad?

Clonazepam stays in your system MUCH longer than lorazepam.

Suggest you ask doc to increase clonazepam to 1mg at night. That should get you to sleep.

But do discuss this with your doctor.

• Posted

:-)

I'm actually a bit afraid to increase the dosage above 0.5mg because I know it's addictive and try not to start increasing and become more dependent and/or develop tolerance.

Thanks for your feedaback, very helpful! :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.