Loss of appetite

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've been taking Nefopam regularly for almost 2 weeks now and have noticed particularly in the last week I have little or no appetite. Has anyone else noticed this?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking it for a few months now and noticed I had a very low appetite in the beginning. It does sort itself out though after a few weeks.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying louise. I'll just have to see if my appetite does improve in the next few weeks.
  • Edited

hi matron i have started taking nefopam and also have lost my appetite a bit and also feel very sick but the pains am having are so bad i carnt cope any longer with them so i am trying to put up with the sickness and being sick aswell i always have bad side affects off any tablets i take . do you have any sickness .
    • Edited

Hello caron. I have to admit at first the Nefopam did make me feel very sickly and a bit light headed but as I've got more used to them I find that does get better. They never made me sick at all but as I am also on anti inflammatories I take Omeprazole so that could possibly help because I do often get weird side effects with different medication. Hope you feel better when you start to get used to them because Nefopam is good at relieving pain. Take care.
  • Edited

Loss of appetite seems to be the big one. Feeling sick to. The sick feeling settles but appetite loss to me is a plus. 
    • Edited

I agree with you Nathan about appetite loss being a plus. I need to lose a bit of weight because I'm not as active mainly because of my rheumatoid arthritis.
  • Posted

From yesterday evening i started taking these and an upped dose of my antidepressant too which has contributed to weight gain .

Being honest if these help dull my appetite whilst helping the pain in neck, back, hips and knees i will be one happy bunny !

• Edited

Hi there. I have been taking these tablets for 3 days now, I manage breakfast and lunch. I have IBS, I have a sensation of feeling full. I take these tablets for lower back pain. I hope this is of some use.

• Edited

About to start taking these along with whatever else the doctor can throw at me. I am hoping for a good night's sleep.

• Posted

Been taking for 2 wks now ,loss of appetite is getting worse ,palpitations and night sweats ...one tablet not enough but frightened to increase the dose ....what dose is everyone else on .. I take 30 mg 3 x a day ,doc says I can increase upto 90mg, don't think I can do that .

• Posted

I'm on day 3 of taking 2 tablets, 3 times a day.

I've not eaten a single thing since Monday evening.

I'm not complaining about the loss of appetite, I could do with shifting a few lbs 😅

But I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced not being able to sleep at night, at all!!

I've not slept at all for the last 2 nights and I just feel really wired & wide awake?

• Posted

Hi Kathryn , sorry its 17 months later , but wondered did your insomnia improve? Im having same issues - wide awake every night! I dont really want to stop taking them as they work for my pain. Thanks x

• Edited

I have been on it for 4 weeks now and i have no appetite. i have lost 1 st. quite pleased really as its been easy . i make sure i have my meals but i used to eat so much choc and crisps junk food.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.