loss of balance

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies any of you suffer with really bad loss of balance I've just been sitting could feel my hole body sway and when stood up feel as though the floor is moving xx

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes!......for years and then had a break for a few months and its came back and spoilt everything! sad  Im totally at a loss today so sorry I cant help you on this but just fedup with it all.  Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

Donna ,go look up on menopause site ,this can be just down to the menopause ,read back on all post you can ,then go on the Dizzy sites ,read all .Then see if you can see the connection to how your feeling ,I placed up to someone on Saturday just gone about the 66 symptoms ,placed up last September ,go look at them .

I've had this balance going on now for 4 yrs ,24/7 ,this is very common thing that's happening today ,and as Trevis pointed out. Non of us have a clue as to why ,only us females can put it down to is this damn menopause .

Do you have ears ringing / hissing ? If yes go look up tinnitus ,I've that also ,so have many with balance ,that seems to affect females to a great degree .Go see Dr have a chat ,all you can do ,something we've all done I might add ,and we're still here saying same old thing sad to say ,hope yours will just stop .Miserable I know only to well .

• Posted

Yep. Had something similar but when lying down in bed. Like I was falling into a vortex/on a great rollercoaster ride! Stopped when I moved around a bit. Haven't had for a while, and never on standing.

I personally attribute a lot of 'odd' things/feelings to good ol' Peri myself. They are not ongoing symptoms, have all been treatable without the need to visit a GP, and confirm for me I am truly Peri (aged 54) and am working towards full Menopause.

But for you I shall mention: high/low blood pressure; labrynthitis; vertigo; and middle ear infection . All affect balance. All treatable.

Honestly Donna, I rarely go to see a GP, as most of the things I've ever had have been run-of-the-mill stuff. How I've reached 54 and kept this well, I'll never know!! But maybe you'll feel better seeing your GP about this.

Sx

• Posted

Hi Donna, I haven't experienced this but I have known a few ladies at our age to suffer from Meuniere's disease which affects balance. I think it's a good idea to see your GP and maybe get referred to a neurologist, just to rule out the bad stuff. 

I did suffer from balance problems when I was anemic, so blood iron is also a good thing to have checked.

Good luck.

• Posted

yes. I get so dizzy sometimes. Sometimes if I look up to the sky I feel like the world is moving under my feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.