Lost interest

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's true, I have been "depressed" but it's more like I have lost my direction.  I am a senior with Microscopic Polyangitis and the winter has pretty well locked me indoors.  The weather has improved but my interest in going out or doing anything social seems to be gone.  I don't talk to anyone because I appear well and I hate complaining.  Don't expect an answer - just good to vent

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm not sure what exactly led to the isolation you were in or maybe you are still in it...

I just want you to know that I can hear myself in your words. I feel like no one understands because my disease is silently Torn my life apart. I havent lost any toes or fingers (yet) and I can't walk around saying how bad the pain and loss is or I would just scream incoherently. I just isolate and walk in circle trying to do things I used to be able to and then realize I'm not the same person that used these tools before.

So you are not alone and neither am I, as it turns out.

What am I...

I was diagnosed with Buergers disease 6 months ago. I'm 35, female and I used to be an artist, my hands are all I've ever been and now just barely living with what I think must be one of the saddest most isolating and permenantly destructive diseases.

What are you suffering from?

L

• Posted

I have microscopic polyangitis with kidney failure.  I have 29% and lung damage.  I am light headed and have lots of leg foot and hand pain.  I have had ear involvement and surgery. Lost a lot of hearing but have aids.  Lots of reason to feel sorry for myself 

but i try to be positive.  It's the freezing weather in Ontario that keeps me in.  Hard to walk on icy sidewalks and I feel the cold so much more than others.  

• Posted

Hope your week improves - that is what is difficult

You look OK and on good days I appear normal then others as you know are completely debilitating

Hope it improves for you

Take care

V

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.