Lost PIP tribunal - in disbelief.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was awarded 7 points from the DWP, kept the same after reconsideration then I decided to appeal. Eventually I got a date for one and today Iwent to my PIP tribunal, The staff there all seemed nice, but I was very nervous.

Anyway after about 40 mins after I answered questions from 2 members of staff, I was called back in where they said that they were "able" to award 2 extra points for washing and bathing, but they took 2 points away from engaging with other people face-to-face. This absolutely sent me into shock, they based this point deduction on this 40 minute talk and because I apparently answered thier question in a very "mature" manner. This excuse absolutely contradicted everything I said to them, the evidence I provided, and my support workers notes that she sent to them. I told them I have no friends and that I don't even leave the house due to severe anxiety, I spoke to no-one when I was at college and staff at work, all these placements collapsed because of my problems due to my autism.

I am in complete disbelief as to how many like me can't get this little bit of support but those who don't actually need it can get it with realitive ease. Anyone else have a similar situation?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

The trouble with the revised PIP Award form has questions that basically give "0" points. You could answer "Yes" to these questions, and then enter a long complex answer about your condition and it would still render in your PIP Award as "0" points.

The amount of people falling in this hole now is high, trying to appeal against the decision, you could probably do this using your local MP for your area, or an Area Representive on her or his behalf. This is what people have started doing now.

Check your first letter and see whom actually done your assessment?

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Hi having read your reply in the pip tribunal forum and having gone through an f2f tribunal. I knew that they had no intention of awarding me anything for Mitobility. The Dr was mire interested in my hair nails and shoes. The rep for dissability i don't know why she was there. I was asked trick questions and i was so very bad that day i couldn't stick up for myself i could kick myself. So much i wanted to say. I have requested the report etc a month ago and still waiting. Is there a time limit for this to be done? Also would u b able to help me complete the firms when i start a new application please

• Posted

HI, I'm a little confused by your post. Was it a f2f assessment you had or Tribunal Appeal? If it was an assessment then you have 1 month from the date on the letter to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. If it was a Tribunal Appeal then the only way you can challenge this decision is if an error of law was made.

Members here don't help fill out forms, sorry. We can advice you. You're better off giving CAB a ring to help you do this but don't leave it too late to ring them because they're often very busy and waiting times are long. Did you send in evidence to support your claim the first time?

• Posted

I got my tribunal appeal declined as well and am stilll in shock. They were more interrsted in asking me trick questions to catch me out than learn how my condition affects me
  • Posted

ChrisA15 please please check out  the website for Benefits and Work. They'll support you and Help you through the minefield.

• Posted

I fill for u i suffer from anxcity depresion adhd ptsd i carnt deal with people either its taken me 11 years to get my dignosis no wanted to no i dont have help either it winds me up cos i bo people that blag the systum and get dla for there kids or there self and there is noughting wrong with them i fill for u keep fighting u will get there
    • Posted

I filled my form in i have to wait 16 weeks i done aqestion air on line its says i should be entilled to enhaents rate so sorry im dislexic

Carnt spell

• Posted

Sammy-Jo,

It's very nice of you to offer to fill in forms for PIP, I have help about 5-6 people on here and got them the Full Rates on both Descriptors of PIP, the trouble is I cannot keep up with people and the amount of claims.

Basically, it leads to how you enter the details in the Application, and avoiding the "0" point drop traps, which the DWP have added on purpose.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

I have deleted the entire sub-discussion which broke down into an argument. Please read the FAQs linked at the bottom of the page in the forums before getting into disagreements like this. If you think someone has posted an offensive comment etc do not reply but use the Report link to let me know otherwise the situation below happens which helps no-one. I am not interested in "who is right or wrong" or "who said what", posting personal attacks are against the T&Cs and can result in account deactivation. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

I feel your frustration Chris, my tribunal decision was negative also, I cant believe the whole system it stinks. One of the reasons I appealed in the first place is because my medical report was full of discrepancies and lies. I just dont know what to do now, if you cant trust a judge to see that the claim is genuine then what chance have we got

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.