Lots of new moles appearing along irritated nerve paths

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just looking for some advice really.

Not been well for nearly three years. Lots of symptoms but the main ones are itching and dull burning pain in the area I had a benign mile removed years ago. Itching and pain spread from this area over the years but just in my left side: armpit, breast, ribs, shoulder and up left side of neck. I'm here because when it reached my upper spine, these symptoms were suddenly mirrored on my left side and spread up my neck. But only in these areas, I suddenly also started getting new moles, tiny spots and new freckles. It seems to travel along nerves. Since it hit my neck and head I've been very unwell with various cognitive & nervous system symptoms.

Does anyone have any idea why i'm getting new moles etc only in these areas, even my scalp? The mole removed that seemed to staff all this was normal and I've had a few of the new ones looked at and Dr wasn't fussed by them. But there must be some clue by then only appearing along the irritated nerves? If I wasn't so ill with it I wouldn't be bothered but I can barely function so really need some help.

Many thanks xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you been referred to a dermatologist with this? Especially as this has spread along the nerves and is causing a problem.    I would insist on a dermatology referral ASAP.  Ask your GP if you are in UK.

• Posted

Hiya, yeah I've seen a couple of dermotologists, they say the moles are normal and there's no illness that can cause moles to spread along nerves. So I don't know. I've had pretty much a full body scan which was normal. It's just very weird to have these symptoms with no explanation.

Thanks for your reply :-)

• Posted

Does anyone else in your family have any sort of symptoms like this?  It may be an idea to ask both your Mum and Dad and grandparents[ if possible] if they can remember anyone having anything similar.

I'm wondering about Neurofibromatosis. You would need to see a neurologist for an opinion,if you have not already seen one..   As you say,dermatologists are puzzled so maybe a referral to neuro would be worthwhile.  

• Posted

Hi thanks for suggestions xx

No one else in my fam has had such symptoms.

I did consider Neurofibromatosis but doesn't seem to match, as seems u get it in childhood and large brown patches on skin? I know there's a type 2 but it's unlikely as not in the family and symptoms and timescale don't seem to match. Scans haven't picked up any lesions along nerves and i've had pretty much head to hips scanned a few times. I'm seeing neuro and recently had head mri contrast, chest CT contrast and a skin biopsy of reddened areas. He thought sarcoidosis but but all clear. See him again tomorrow so hoping he has more ideas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.