low bpressure meds?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

i thinkthis is the next route with my GP but i wanted experiences from other people.

i have had lightheaded episodes that would lead to fainting if i didnt sit down for ten years that have become more frequent recently and are interfering with my work.

bloods are normal. i think it might just be low bp - normally 110/50 on a good day when feeling fine but can be as low as 80/40.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Your BP is very low at 80/40. I had a 24 hr monitor on and mine was low as 80/ 40 when asleep they told me it was low and through the day it goes down to 110.46 sometimes 

• Posted

Hi I'm Pam from British Sjogren's I am sure you must be feeling a little worried. Are you Hypermobile as well as having a low BP? I have had a very low BP all my life. Try not to worry at the moment it could be just because your BP is low. However if you start to feel really faint, dizzy, sweaty of even the other way dry or your aware your heartbeat is fast and you are anxious, it could be POTS
  • Posted

Hi how did you get on? I have been referred to a cardiologist who I doubt will say I am normal unless they can fix a monitor to test not just my heart but my sweat too. I sweat very easily. I never did when I was younger, ever! Now I only have to do the slightest thing and I stream from my hair. It's has been like this for 20'years and now getting to the point that I feel so exhausted and pour after 10 minutes off housework. I can't go out except in the car. I can't even walk round a local supermarket so shopping on line is my only way to do things. It is very isolating and my GP doesn't know how to help me. Any advice would be welcome. I drink a large glass of water before getting up but it hasn't helped. With Sjogren's you drink all the time all day, I have increased my salt but that hasn't worked. My legs are freezing cold tingling all the time until I am in bed, even in the hot weather, but they are white not blue. So white they look corpse like! Yet my skin is becoming darker, GP said its sunburn from the window, but my legs and feet which never see the light are going brown too! oh he said Salfasalazine! No this was happening before my rheumatologist put me on Sulfasalazine! Any help would be appreciated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.