LOW CORTISOL. WITH ALOT OF SYMSTOMS.

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI IT'S ME AGAIN. I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS LOW CORTISOL, I FOUND OUT THAT IS ALOT OF MY PROBLEM WHEN I WOULD EAT I WOULD. PASS OUT OR FALL INTO A DEEP SLEEP, WHEN I WOULD WAKE UP I WAS CONFUSED, BAD HEADACHE, SHAKING, BLURRED VISION, i WOULD HVE BAD STOMACH PAIN, NAUSEA, CONSTIPATION, CRYING. LOW BLOOD SUGAR EVEN WHEN EATING A HEALTHY MEAL.MY BLOOD TEST HVE COME BACK WITH MY CORTISOL LEVELS BEING LOW, AND THIS HAPPENS, I HVE BEEN PUT ON HYDOCORTISONE. (3) DAYS AGO I HVE REALLY BEEN IN BAD SHAPE. I WANT KNOW FOR SURE IF I HVE THE ACTUAL DIEASE UNTIL I TAKE ACTH TEST ON THE 3RD OF AUG, THE MEDS ARE HELPING SOMEWHAT, I AM HAVING BAD PAIN IN MY HIPS & LEGS, SEVERE FIBROMYALGIA, IBS. HELP PLEASE. PRAY FOR ME..

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you, Rachel.

I suspect I have low cortisol. I can't find any other explanation for my symptoms but my GP is being so slow. I'm hoping on Tuesday to persuade him I need to see an Endocrinologist. I suspect he'll refuse so I'll have to raid the pension fund for private treatment.

i have a friend who suffered a damaged pituitary glad 35 years ago so she's become something if an expert in hormone deficiencies. 

The hydr cortisol will help, she says, but needs time to kick in. Rest all you can. Drink water frequently as its essential you stay hydrated. 

• Posted

Hello Hollyberry i hve been trying to reply to you're message each time that i hve done so somthing goes wrong, so here i am again. I hpe that you hve been able to make an appt since you addressed me regading low CORTISOL LEVELS, it is very imperative that you ask to see a Endocrinologist, because i was hving all these major symptoms passing out, bad headache, shaking, sweating, crying ETC, when i would be or hve eating a healthy meal because i do eat right but my blood sugar would drop durin or soon after i would eat. I would hve stomach pain so bad with nausea, so my Dr. Was out so i seen this other Dr. So when he seen me he got the ball rolling sending out referrals, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, neurologists, rheumatologist, so many other plus i hve to hve all these test i hve results on some which hve come bck with low CORTISOL LEVELS started medicine immediately, i just got. A Call yesterday yhey found (2) nodules on my thyroid that hve to be BIOSPIED, i hve to hve EEG brain scan, i hve to hve an endoscopy done 24 hr urine blood test every couple day, i hve had ultrasounds of my upper body, i hve a 30 day heart monitor on. I

• Posted

do hve severe FIBROMYALGIA, Hollyberry. I hve so much pain in my legs i can barely touch them i do hve naturopathy bad which my feet & lower legs were always numb but now the pain is driving me crazy. I want you to try and take care of this early, look what has happen to me i hve been telling them that something is wrong with me I'm losing my hair, losing weight, in pain, blood test always abnormal but it took this new DR. FOR me to get answers, i hpe & pray i don't hve ADDISON DISEASE, i won't knw until after Aug 3rd 2016, i truly wish nothing but the best for you and that you get the answers you deserve, because the longer it takes the more symptoms you will begin to hve. I will PRAY FOR YOU. Good luck!!! Keep me imform on your condition. Sincerely Rachel

• Posted

I'm so sorry, Rachel, your pain sounds terrible and must seem worse when you have health worries.

My G.P won't do any more. He said he thinks it's post viral fatigue! The morning exhaustion that improves in the evening, lines in my nails, coarse hair, bloating, dizziness, intolerance of hot and cold are apparently no proof I have anything else. He marked my blood test as "normal" and the receptionist wouldn't give me the full readings it showed. I need to write and ask him for a print out but I'm sick of having to fight when I feel so ill. 

Im going to have to pay for tests privately. I was just told my thyroid had a swelling--- no follow up, no tests other than a 2 minute ultrasound. It's no going to be checked again unless it gets worse and I go back to the GP who may or may not refer me back to the hospital. 

Thank you you for your kind thoughts. I hope your thyroid is nothing serious and you feel stronger soon. 

• Posted

Hi hollyberry i am so sorry i hve tried to address you in length just to see how this are going for you, as erll as keep you on what going on with me. I hpe you were able to go bck to you're dr. And request further testing or go for a second opinion Please don't stop there because i don't want you to hve problems like i had get yourself to an endocrinologist it could be you're thyroid or adrenal gland so its imperative that you do these things i truly wish you nothing but the best with lots of prayers. I can't wait to hve the EEG BRAIN WAVE because of the sleeping problem i am still hving, , i will hve the thyroid BIOPSY, ACTH THAT'S THE ONE THAT WILL SAY IF I HVE ADDISONS DIEASE.I STILL HVE ALOT OF TESTING TO DUE.Hollyberry once I'm stable i am going to an outside facility for my second opinion and my care, because it took the Dr's at my facility to long to find out what was wrong with me, all with the exception of the new dr. That got the ball rolling. You take good care of yourself take you're health in youre own hands and due whatever you need done.

Stsy in contact as i will do the same..

Sincerely Rachel

• Posted

Rachel

Well, if you have Addisons' Disease, the chances are that your skin will also be a brown, assuming you are caucasion, and can therefore see it. It would be in the upper part of your body, including arms.

I have been on steroids for over 20 years, but still fall asleep after a meal. No matter, I don't sleep that well during the night so I just put it down to 'catching up'.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.