Low fibre food advice pls

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.. I'm due a sigmoidoscopy on Saturday evening.. from tomorrow morning I need to eat food that is low fibre.. what can I have..?? And also will I b back to normal straight after the procedure..?? So worried again.. if husband can't administer the enema for me will the clinic do it if I call n explain to them n go in early..? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had instruction what types of food to eat and how long before the procedure. To clean me out there were drinks with a lot of water! Not too bad really. I was back to normal in two days or so. The colonoscopy was no problem. This doesn't really help your queries, other replies might be more useful. Different routines in different places I suppose. Best wishes. 

• Posted

Thanks.. I've just had some white toast with a scraping of butter.. totally bland and as I'm Indian my tastebuds think they r dead.. missing the spice already.. oh well I guess I'll just think about food while the doctor is inspecting in colon....

• Posted

Hi- I ate white bread or toast with butter and honey on- white rice- rice crispie cereal with milk and white pasta

Hope this helps.

Don't worry you will be fine.

• Posted

Toast n honey sound good.. I'm missing my spice tho.. I'm Indian n no spice causes headaches.. better just soldier on thru it tho.. will soon b at the other side of this ordeal n back to normal.. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.