Low Lynpthocye count

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would really appreciate any help. My lympthocycte count is low and has remained low for a long time. I am fatigued, bruise very easily and bleed easily. Lympthocycte count May 2016 was 1.28;  May 2015 was 1.29; Aug 2013 was 1.55; aug 2013 was 1.11; July 2008 was 1.47.

Gp has not raised this as a concern.

I am concerned incase this is something to worry about e.g. auto immune condition/ blood cancers.

TSH level (Typhroid) low end of normal range: 0.51 (normal range 0.35-5.5)

Folate was low 1.3 (normal range 2-11)

Vit B 240 (normal range 211-911)

(doctor advised eat folate rich foods and retest in 3 months)

I have recently had a diagnosis of a stage 1 melanoma.

I also realise that low lymthocycte count has implications for tumour growth.

I haven't followed up the lymphocycte results with GP but I am concerned about them especially as I prepared for surgery to remove melanoma. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina - your lymphocyte count is on the low end of normal, but likely your GP has not raised it as a concern, because in the absence of other issues, it is not a concern smile Hereditary immunodeficiency, viral infections, or just plain stress can cause this. (p.s. if you're going to  look up info on the Internet, it is very helpful to spell "lymphocyte" correctly). This is not associated with blood cancers (which *raise* WBC) at all, so rest easy on that account.

The surgery for stage 1 melanoma is almost always a simple excision under local anesthetic, and the low-ish lymphocyte should have no effect. The tumor will be completely removed, and the margins will be checked for any lingering areas of concern.

Your doctor's advice to eat folate-rich foods is good, also be sure you're getting enough iron and B vitamins in your diet, and plently of rest. Maybe have the thyroid hormone levels checked again in 3-6 months.

best wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.