Low on vitamin D? Can it cause dizziness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having pain in my legs and I finally went to the doctor because it hurt too much to walk. Especially up stairs. We bought a house over a year ago and regretted buying a two story house because the stairs killed my legs. But now just walking hurts and I am curious if anyone else has this problem and if they think being low on vitamin D could cause dizziness?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My doctor prescribed me a once a week Vitamin D2 1.25 MG

(50,000 unit). I take that for three months and then get my blood work done again.

• Posted

Yes, had a similar incident happen to my sister, she was also give large doses of vitamin D. She also couldn't walk up any steps and very dizzy all the time. Have you been diagnosed with low vitamin D, and if you have are you taking it now?

• Posted

Yes. I just started taking it yesterday. I have had dizziness off and on for about 5 months. I went to my doctor because my legs hurt so bad. My legs have hurt for six months and I have had body aches off and on for years. How is your sister doing? Did taking the vitamin d help her?
    • Posted

Yes, she is finally cured, but she is on it for life. She has a full life now. Keep taking your vitamin D3, and you should start to slowly feel better. What dosage did they put you on?
    • Posted

Thank you so much! It is nice hearing about someone getting better. It gives me hope smile

• Posted

Vitamin D3 is better absorbed better than vitamin D2

• Posted

Liquid form is absorbded better than tablets as well.  Pure makes a liquid form that works great!  Mine was low and went from 28 ng/mL to 52 ng/mL in 6 months taking the liquid Pure each day.  28 ng/mL is on the low side of normal but, felt it could still be adding to my dizziness.
    • Posted

How is your dizziness doing now? How long did it take for your numbers to move up. I don't get my vitamin d level checked for another two months.

• Posted

I had my levels checked 6 months after starting the liquid vitamin D.  I'm sure that  months will show some movement but, I was advised that it would take 6 months for a notable difference.  I can function day to day but, sinus issues impact it, dizziness, entirely being gone.  I still have some level of sensations aand certain environments can bother me at times. 

• Posted

Wow I didn't know it took six months. I have only been on my vitamin D for four weeks. My dizziness is doing better. I am not what sure what is helping my dizziness but I am so thankful it is almost all gone. I hope you feel better too!

• Posted

If you're taking the vitamin D3, that should be helping you.

• Posted

I was taking vitamin D2 and I asked my doctor to switch it to D3. I actually am feeling better. I also go in the sun for 20 minutes every day between 11:00 and 3:00. I read that is the best time for your body to make vitamin D. The sun makes my legs tingle and I think that is a good sign smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.