Low PSA and spread to lymph nodes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have noticed today a lump/swelling in the right of my groin which I have identified as an inguinal lymph node....I am currently awaiting tests regarding slightly raised PSA a few weeks ago....It was 7.5 (from regular 3.1) but 2 weeks later was lowered to 4.3....I am freaking out a bit and have made an emergency appointment with the doctor....How common would it be for a PSA of mine the have caused Lymph node problems, or could it (hopefully) be something else?

Thanks in advance 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would not speculate on your issue. I would let your Doctor determine the problem.
    • Posted

Hi, this all began around 5 weeks ago with the raised 7.5 PSA test.....I was freaked out originally.....went privately (I'm in the UK) to have a second test done...that test came back at PSA 4.3 with a free PSA reading of 23%....(I'm hoping that it is a bout of prostatitis that's caused the rise, although nobody has said that to me as yet). I've since had a battery of tests at the hospital and awaiting the results next week....Convinced myself the last few days that I was worrying unnecessarily and now this.....Hopefully the Dr this afternoon can put my mind at ease

Thanks for the reply 

• Posted

I agree with Roger2Dodger!  Try not to panic or stress til you get results from your Doctor.  I think everything will be just fine!
    • Posted

Hi, this all began around 5 weeks ago with the raised 7.5 PSA test.....I was freaked out originally.....went privately (I'm in the UK) to have a second test done...that test came back at PSA 4.3 with a free PSA reading of 23%....(I'm hoping that it is a bout of prostatitis that's caused the rise, although nobody has said that to me as yet). I've since had a battery of tests at the hospital and awaiting the results next week....Convinced myself the last few days that I was worrying unnecessarily and now this.....Hopefully the Dr this afternoon can put my mind at ease

Thanks for the reply 

• Posted

I agree with to Roger and Melly. Let the doc sort it out.

also,remember to have all your PSA tests handled by the same lab as labs use different ways of measuring PSA 

good luck

• Posted

Hi Barney, I appreciate what you and the other guys are saying, just wanted to know if there was anyone here who were aware of a case or cases where a low(ish) PSA had caused swollen lymph nodes....I had my tests done at 2 different labs as my NHS Doc doesn't do the free PSA test....and when it was 7.5 I freaked a bit....just trying to take back a bit of control I went to a reputable private clinic and their lab did the test  which came back at 4.3.....Even with a different lab testing I think that a drop of over 3 points must be more significant than the assay test..... 

• Posted

There are many non prostate related reasons why lymph nodes may be swollen,

i suggest you check tpgor UTIs and also for STDs. These also can cause lymph nodes to swell.

when you get those results, see your doctor.

also tell him or her if you have any pain associated with the swollen nodes and if the swelling came in gradually or suddenly. The more info you give the doctor the better.

• Posted

Hi Barney, I don't want to come across as the world's biggest hypochondriac, because I'm not....I am a control freak though, and these last few weeks I have felt a bit out of control. Ordinarily a swelling of this sort I would probably have ignored, but coming hard on the heels of my prostate problems it starts to look too coincidental....I have had some pelvic pain since all this began but that could be to do with me feeling stressed and I know that this can affect the pelvis...This swelling though is the real deal....Hence the worry....I'll see what the Doc says and report back, hopefully with good news

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.