Low sex drive apparently

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if Ill be asking the right question in the right department.

Anyway, I'm 25 and I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and just recently like the last year I have completely gone of sex. I don't enjoy it and I don't Orgasm any more during sex. I do when I masterbate but that's it. I have no idea what is wrong. My boyfriend has a high sex drive and im always turning him down. I wanna enjoy being with him again but how?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi maybe your hormones have changed or you could be trying to hard to cum when with fella plus if playing on.mind it just won't happen speak to doc about hormones see what they say but try forget it just enjoy and go with flow please let

Me know ☺

• Posted

Hi Liz4951

Thank you for your reply, its nice to actually talk to someone. I have the doc to call me tomorrow morning but I don't think they will be very helpful at all. What could the doc do any way?

• Posted

Hi sometimes just telling whst you have said just might be able to.help give it ago please ☺
  • Posted

Hi there!

I know exactly how you feel for I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 24 and I have had a really low sex drive in the past year but when I masturbate I orgasm. It's normal and sometimes it's a combination of medications you're on and hormones. Might sound odd but do you get wet when you guys have foreplay? If not that might be a reason you may not want to have sex. Possible reasons for that are dehydration (not drinking enough water) and birth control pills can cause low sex drive and vaginal dryness. Try new things! It might help get you in the mood more. Maybe talk about it during the day with him and it might prepare you for later in the evening. Shoot him dirty texts during the day to get you both fired up! Hope those things helped. Also another helpful tip I can give is working out! It releases those endorphins and allows you to have better orgasms.

• Posted

Well there u go Laura has answer agsin but it could be lots of things good luck
    • Posted

I have had problems with my iron levels the past 6 months and been on tablets, I just felt tired even though I slept like 9 hrs a day . My level was 9 and last time after taking the tablets it was 19. They have taken me of the tablets now even though I still feel really really tired all the time. I am the pill contraception and have been for 9 years roughly.
    • Posted

Well.maybe you might need to.go.on a iron tablet if your feeling tired etc but speaking to the doctor will help you
  • Posted

Y'all should try foreplay first and if that doesn't work then maybe a sex counselor...
  • Posted

Well I have been to the doctors and have had a blood test to see my hormone levels and the doctor said they are just noticeable. What does that really mean. Then the doctor goes on to a different type of contraception might help but there not sure. So basically the doctors are useless.
    • Posted

Go bk ask questions the ones you don't understand
  • Posted

Hello, i heard that low sex drive can be caused by a certain injury or the hormonal imbalance in your body. Maybe you have to ask for the medical consultation to be sure in the real reason of this disorder?
    • Posted

Hello, I have been to the doctors for a hormone blood test and all the doctors has said for me to try another contraception. I'm other pill at the moment and they have suggested the coil or implant but I have read bad things about both.

The thing is the doctors are unsure whether it is actually the pill or just me. I have been on them since I was sexually active which was when I was 16 - 17 and now I'm 25. They can't say for sure because I don't know what I was like without them. Does that make sense?

• Posted

Yes I've had coil fitted at start hit or miss with my period but now it's great feel good maybe you need to try relax do some yoga will help you and mind hun try do let me know ☺
  • Posted

Did you have some injuries or diseases of your genitals before? Sometimes, this condition influences the sex drive. The reason can also be the hormonal imbalance.
    • Posted

Hello, I have had no disease or injurys. The doctor has said that my hormone levels are just noticeable. That's why she wants me to change my contraception. I thought there was tablets or something that you can take to correct them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.