Lower Abdominal Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have pain in the lower part of my stomach when I lay down but it only happens sometimes, it only hurts when I lay down. Can someone please just suggest what could be wrong

0 likes, 88 replies

88 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you seen a doctor , you should and get some test done , like ultrasounds of the cervix and abdomen. This can rule out several things or find the answers to  your pain. You cant do meds because you dont know whats wrong except something like tylenol for pain. But get medical advice.
    • Posted

Hey can you plz help me I'm layng on the floor and um starting to get really bad pains in my right hip and it's a shooting pain. My belly fells heavy. And it hurts to lay down on my tummy
  • Posted

It only seems to happen when I'm having my Period
    • Posted

Sweetie,  then you do need to have an ultrasound to have your ovaries and checked. Advice please work on getting this done asap. You dont need to worrying just have it done.
    • Posted

Well it all muscles so when you breath it is likely to hurt also. Please get checked by a doctor befor it gets worse.
    • Posted

Hi niki, sounds like you dont feel its seriousenough to see a doctor.. Okay try a hot pack on the area when its hurting for now and see if that helps and if that doesnt give any relief , again i suggest you get checked by a professional.
    • Posted

It happens sometimes when I lie down. I lie down and it my lower abdominal hurts and then I find it hard to get up as its painful
    • Posted

How is it when you urinate? Do it hurt or burn? Is it a heaviness, you know if you are sore for some reason ie muscles,  and you lie down gravity pulls and that can be very painful. Try the hot pack and see what happens. Take acetaminophen tabs for pain. Maybe its nothing serious. But still get checked if it persist.
    • Posted

If the the orginal poster is in the UK she will not know what acetaminophen is. Here it is Paracetamol.
    • Posted

Im thinking it has something to do with ovaries maybe a cyst. Please get checked
    • Posted

I'm still a virgin does it make any differece. I only have some of the symptoms like heavy period atm. There are some moments when I need to go to the toilet a lot, I sometimes have pelvic pain but not all the time. Sometimes I get full when I'm eating but that could be because I am on my period atm. 
    • Posted

I dont think weather you are sexually active or not is an issue but i do really think is that you need to be examined by a physician and use a hot pack on the area for now.
    • Posted

It could be a cyst on your ovaries. But you need to be sure as to what you re dealing with. Wher are your parents? Do they know what you are going through 
    • Posted

They dont know as my dad will call me a hypercondriac and it might not be as bad as I think it is 
    • Posted

That s absurd! Listen, only u and u alone know what u are feeling so dont let anyone make you think that you are overreacting or blowing things out of proportion. If you are worried see a doctor to make sure its nothing serious. It can be nothing serious bur wouldnt you like to make sure? Sweetie dont wait until you cant deal with it anymore to see a doctor? Because when something gets to the point where it is overbearing then its serious. You can call me if you like...1-340 344 2857 Angie
    • Posted

I live in the UK so how much would it cost to call me. Do you have skype
    • Posted

No i dont, i can probably download it or a calling card that you can call the us virgin islands. I think u can probable get about 30 min with a card.But I see about skype. I will check into it and ket you know for sure.
    • Posted

I am downloading now. No i dont have a cyst but i have a 24 year old who was having pains like your and she was pregnant but they did the ultrasound and found the cyst on her ovaries but they couldnt do anything until her second trimester(4 months) because they did not want to risk her losing the baby. So she was operated on and the cyst removed, it was attached to her ovary and fallopian tube but she didnt loose anything because they got to it on time.
    • Posted

I have period pains at the moment. One month I was on my period 3 times that month so could that be related to anything or not

• Posted

What do you mean, you had your period 3 times in one month? If thats what your re saying them something is wrong, thats not normal. 
    • Posted

Do you eat right, or do you drink vitamins? I dont think thats related to your stomach unless you are bleeding alot.
    • Posted

That good to hear. So keep a check on your symptoms and your periods. Keep a diary noting how heavy, color and how long it last to see if anything is different. I think you dont want to bother your parents but bother them if you need to. Because my daughter told me what she was feeling and i took her to the doctor right away and i am glad i did.
    • Posted

Thats what i am talking about. If your having heavy bleeding you may feel weak while on you period.
    • Posted

I dont mind telling my mum if there is something wrong me its just my dad and stepmother
    • Posted

ok is that normal but sometimes i feel weak standing up when im not on my period
    • Posted

Well forget ur dad for now until u know whats going on but talk to ur mum
    • Posted

Dont ever be wary of telling you parents whats happening with you because if something happens to you and someone else know and not your mum i am pretty sure that would hurt her. I know because i am a mum and grandma.
    • Posted

Absolutely,all it is is ; is building your blood so your blood would not be low.
    • Posted

I feel tired a lot lately but not sure if thats because i am going bed late a lot

• Posted

You are so welcome and dont ever be afraid to ask a question when you dont understand something. Let me know how it goes with your mum. I have downloaded skpe so you have my number.
    • Posted

I feel tired a lot lately but not sure if thats because I am gooing bed late a lot and What do I tell my mum
    • Posted

Could be but get some vitamins and take 1 a day with your breakfast. Just tell her you have been having these pains  for how long its been going on and you think you need to get it checked because you are worried.
    • Posted

Sure, I going to the beach with my youngest daughter , shes 8. I try to swim alot to stretch my muscles in my stomach and my back becausevi also get back pain often, you should to.
    • Posted

Hi niki, how are you feeling today? You got your vitamins. Well take one each day and aee how your feeling. If you decide to go to the doctor ask them to check you B12 to make sure its not low.
    • Posted

I'm feeling a lot better today thanks and I will do. There are some times when I feel really weak when I am standing up for long periods of times
    • Posted

Just relax a little and try not to worry so much . Take it one day at a time take your vites and see how things are
    • Posted

If your blood is low it will make you tire so the vites is to get your blood where its supposed to be and perhaps you wont be so tired.  My skype name is simbabrooks
    • Posted

You to should get a tennis ball and put it under your butt cheeks . Each cheek for 10 minutes this stretches the muscle that attaches the hips to back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.