Lower back ladies help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been experiencing lower back aches which is causing me to have aches in my leg and slight numbness feeling not to much but feels like it's coming from my lower back I press on my lower back I get a little relief this has started since menopause I had started wearing my summer shoes flip flops and one night I took them off because I was feeling pressure under my heal from them but since then it's been giving me the business have any of you experienced this problem I posted something before but can't find it please any input will help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monique. It sounds like you have an issue with your sciatic nerve. You need to be careful in the way you lift and carry things. I had this, took no notice, carried on zumbaing 4 times a week, and ended up with a prolapsed disc. I cannot begin to explain the amount of pain. I ended up in hospital having mri scan and anti inflammotary injections. I was in a wheelchair for a short while, then I had to use a stick and basically learn to walk in a different way to support my back better. I was told the worse thing you can do is to stop moving, but within your own limits. I have found tai chi helpful as you learn your own safe body limits. You need to make sure you don't twist awkward, or overstretch. Be mindful of your limits. You can get medication off the doc, but I chose not to take it as it was an anti depressant that can be used as a nerve relaxant. Instead I coped with ibuprofen. I hope this hasn't worried you, but it has made you realise that you have to take care x
    • Posted

It started after I started wearing sandals they were slightly heavier than reg flip flops and I am flat footed thinking maybe had a lot to do with it I noticed it after wearing them
    • Posted

Hi Monique. I couldn't stand up straight for a while, and just being on my feet was too painful. Thankfully, this didn't last for too long x
  • Posted

Hi Monique

I too have had a prolapsed disc - I had an epidural and found that a big help. Can I ask if you needed anymore injections? This for me due to the trauma of this event has resulted in early peri symptoms.Took too long for diagnosis and had to pay for own mri and epidural.

Can you tell me how you manage as this has me up and down like a yo yo emotionally and I could benefit from any suggestions.

I have appointment at hospital for a womb scan in 3 weeks and feel quite scared plus I hope the epidural does not run out as I was a total mess on morphine and co- coamol. I can't go back there. The gp would not put me on the list for physio for back until the scan has been done.

Plus I am expected to have a phased return to work or I will end up down the disaplinary route. Ahhh.Stressed out and very anxious.

Cheers for reading.

Any suggestions greatly received.

Sazzie42 42 xx

• Posted

I think Louise was the one who mentioned the epidural I hope it's gets better soon for the both of us
    • Posted

I'd say we as woman go through so much in life my word I believe this thing we menopause is for the birds I use to could wear my flip flops all day everyday a Nd not bother me I feel like things that we were use to eating or wearing nowadays we just can't seem to do anymore it's horrible even my allergies has went crazy stuffy head nose dry eyes what's next geez oh man

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.