Lower back pain and light headed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have lower back pain at times when standing and sitting and have numbness in my lower left leg and foot when walking. At the same time I get light headed. It seems to start with the pressure I feel in my back when walking but doctors deny that and say it is probably caused by the atrial fibrillation that I also have.

Do any here with lower back problems have a light headed feeling proven to be caused by their backs? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

ive got this too im even light headed when sitting and when i stand or walk my left leg and foot go numb and i feel like im going to fall over and i walk funny i do av oa though in my left knee im going back to the doctor in 2 weeks
    • Posted

I cannot get people to agree that the lightheadedness stems from my back. Like you even when sitting. In my case it is confused with symptoms of atrial fibrillation, BP and side effects of medications.

I have made an appointment to see a neurosurgeon privately on December 11th. The NHS and their semi privatised new MSK ( musculoskeletal service set up at a cost of 210 million pounds ) service have been messing me around since January with inappropriate appointments usually at faraway places.

• Posted

will you have to pay ? i live on the isle of wight my light headiness started in late summer and thought it would go away im just learning to live with it i sense my doctor thinks im a nuisance and just says its oa and gives me more pain killers its like brain fog he did say its anxeity but i dont agree my hips and back do hurt and the back of my neck hope you get it sorted derek and if you do let me know hopefully

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.