Lower back pain. Slipped disc? Can this be fixed?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am waiting for a physio phone appointment which is in a week.

This started around january time. I lifted a 40" tv on my own and a glass tv stand upstairs. I am only 5ft and weigh 6 stone.

The next day i felt it. A few weeks later it was still hurting, but i assumed i had just pulled a muscle.

Now we are in october and the pain has just increased over the time period.

I am now in agony whenever i stand up (have been for a few month now but progressively getting worse). It takes a while to be able to stand up straight due to the pain. If im walking for too long, it starts to hurt. I often feel a click in my spine which i hear up near my neck. I have to stop walking in order to stop it.

I am now at a point i am wishing i stopped shrugging it off. The thought of waiting 1 week for a phone appointment feels like torture. Hopefully its not much longer after for an actual appointment. Paracetemol and naproxen dont do anything.

Does it sound like a slipped disc? If so...can it be fixed?

Im worried ive left it too long.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had the same thing, It just went away after three weeks, definitely don't take any caffeine, caffeine will keep you from healing, as will any pain medicine. Drink tons of water.

• Posted

muscle relaxant with anti inflammatory / pain killer . rest,  no hard muscle movements.
    • Posted

Thank you. I havent tried a muscle relaxant. Ill give it a go
    • Posted

Muscle relaxant are highly addictive with tons of side effects. Water is the best pain killer and anti-inflammatory, plus it's free.

• Posted

thanks for your advice.

but i recommed her to take muscle relaxant not  for long period,  just 5 days then continue with antiinflammatory drugs and rest.

i've to read more about water therapy.

• Posted

Thank you all. I have found out it is a slipped disc. A treatment plan will be drawn up and started next week. I have gone this long without needing meds, really. Although ive tried and theyve failed. I think i will just continue without them for as long as i can.

Fingers crossed the physiotherapy will help.

Unfortunately rest is not an option with 3 kids and work sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.