Lower Left Abdominal Pain, Headaches and Fast Heart beats

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I am a 46 y/o male having quite a bad summer! I wonder if anyone might have any ideas here.

For a couple of months now I have had on off symptoms rangin from waking to pee up to 14 times a night, waking up with heart beating waaay to fast (going to A&E and the ecg looks fine), testicle pain at times severe, reduced urine flow, thin stools, constipation, very bad headaches like burning pain around head that don't respond to painkillers and stay for days, occasional mild fever,  mild nausea, reduced apetite, tummy bloating, and mild pain in lower left abdomen in a line running up from testicle through groin area and into stomach.

No burning when peeing, never an ifection shown on a culture, nor anything sinister on urinalysis strips except trace of blood.

I have had ct scans, mri of spine (but not lower ab), urine cultures, blood tests, ultrasound of testicle and so on, all not really revealing much. 

The sonographer looking at testicle ahd a brief look at abdomen and said there was mild diverticular in lower sigmoid colon but it looked ok, and that genreally my intestines were inflammed.

At a health check in March my kidney filtration rate (eGFR) was alittle low at 78%, and just a couple of days ago my blood potassium serum and creatinine serum were just over normal.

My thyroid runs just over normal range too, but the thyroid managing hormone says this is ok.

I've eaten loads of antibiotics, and sometimes need beta blockers to sleep(!).

Havent slept properly in weeks. Pretty constant pain in femoral or inguinal (not sure) groin area - but apparently dont have a hernia as no bulge.

All this in same Lower left abdomen area.

anyone got any good ideas on this?

Thanks ever so much for reading this far, really very much appreciated.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to see a good physician who can do some specific testings based on your symptoms. Have you ever though about going to a naturopath or homeopath. You can google them for your areas. Some time medical doctors cannot find anything but keep on testing. It is very frustrating.

Digestive problem can cause havoc on your body. try to keep a dairy to see if you are allergic to any food. Are you lactose intolerant?

I would suggest you try home made cabbage and beets juice. Drink 4 ozs of cababge juice andafter two hours drink 4 ozs of Beets Juice. First day do it four times. The second day do it three times a day. You have nothing to loose if it doesn't help. They don't have any side effect. Make sure Cabbage and Beets are fresh and organic.

Good luck and post your resilts here.

• Posted

Could you ask your doc to do a pheochromocytoma exclusion?

(= urine catecholamines, metanephrines, blood metanephrine. Why urine and blood, because specifity and sensitivity in blood and urine are different. You want to make sure that it is excluded as good as possible.)

• Posted

and re thyroid (since I am a hyperthyroid person due to iodine stimulation-ability):

was the TSH higher or the FT3 FT4 (and TSH very low)?

There is something about thyroid being a bit of an individual thingy, what is boarderline for one, is already making symptoms in others.

Sometimes people have values just over the FT3, FT4 limit and feel not different, sometimes people have values just below the reference limit and feel symptoms! = need treatment to cut the production down via medication. e.g. carbimazole.

(at the start I needed betablockers and perchlorate drops - which made me vomit - but carbimazole takes weeks to kick in)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.