Lower sternocleidomastiod swelling ? Right side only

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about 8/9 weeks ago i noticed my neck on the right from ear to collarbone was slightly larger that the left, I ignored it until 4 weeks ago when i developed an ear infection on the left...Noticed both my ears were cloudy and the right side had gotten bigger on my neck, Went to the drs got anti biotics for the ear..I didn't mention the neck because well it didn't hurt! Since this ear infection the whole right side of my neck is really getting to me, I told the dr, It feels as though i have a swollen tonsil on the right side, The swelling aches occasionally i get headaches on that side and always no energy to do much...I feel lazy! Any was dr did a blood test and i was referred to ENT & for an ultrasound, Bloods came ok except a CA125 which was marginally raised, Nothing more has been said on that only that it's been noted. I went to see the ent last tuesday, He said he can't feel anything atall, Not even the swelling that myself and 2 GPs can feel, He said ' I do this everyday, It's my bread & butter, I think you're fine' mase me feel bit stupid if im honest. Anyway, Within a few minutes of leaving his office the right side of my neck had flared up, Aching feeling and within an hour i felt this swollen tonsil feeling again, It wore off after 2 days. Yesterday i had my ultrasound, The radiographer could feel and see the swelling with his own eyes but nothing sinnister shown on screen, My thyriod looked good and whatever else an ultrasound can see, Looked normal! Again, Within minutes of leaving the right side of my neck flared up again with this swollen tonsil, Slight throat pain as though i have a cough but i don't and jus aching of the area, There is definaitly something there!! It may not be life threatening or serious but im feeling a little deflated, Like im a time waster imagining things, I don't have any raised nodes as far as i & drs have felt, It's more of a swelling/cocktail sausage shape above the collar bone and it seems to be inside or behind the sternocleidomastiod muscle! Has anyone had this? Its fine until someone messes with it, Is there things an ultrasound can't detect? Has the ENT missed something?

Any help or other experiences/advice would be much appretiated!

Thanks,

Frankie 😊

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry i kept putting 'Tonsil' It isn't tonsil i don't think, Feels like a swollen dry sinus but deep in my throat to the right, Kinda hard to explain

• Posted

I would go back to the doctors personally, sorry can't be of more help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.