LP and digestive problems like IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced digestive problems prior to being diagnosed with LP?

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yessss, mainly I can tell when the body puts the food waste in the system, I wake up about 330 to 4 a m.

My anal opening is affected by lychen planus.

The idea is to understand that your mucus membrane, which is kinda like all over the body.

I will suggest that you keep your diet light at dinner eat later, your body will eventually start to digest later.

A soaking hot bath, kinda helps to reduce the pain.

• Posted

I found using a diaper rash cream helps. Also I would suggest reading up on inflammatory foods. Any dairy products I would stay away from for a while as these are mucus producing foods. Also read up on anti-inflammatory foods such as turmeric and drink a lot of water and stay away from soda or pop. A probiotic helped me along with flaxseed meal and oil to help put my LP in remission, both are supposed to help gut health.
    • Posted

I am currently not drinking soda and it's been a little bit better. Thanks for the tip .

• Posted

Interesting that you mention this- I get bouts of IBS. I was diagnosed with OLP about 3 months ago. It finally seems to be subsiding however it did/does coinside with IBS in my case
    • Posted

I know from my experience I was having issues with digestion and eventually was diagnosed with having a yeast infection. I'm a guy and to get a yeast infection is rare. At the same time is when the Skin LP started to show up. I thought it was poison Ivy or Oak. I'm qureus to see how many people have had similar issues. I take a probiotic now and I've worked flaxseed meal into my diet. Flaxseed meal is ground up flaxseed. Both have helped to put the LP in remission and are supposed to help improve our gut health.

• Posted

What has helped me to get all my nutrients is buying a smoothie maker... I drink A LOT of smoothies (with chia seeds & flax) when OLP/IBS are problematic. I also take vitamins (including a probiotic... in the billions). Lots of water, herbal tea is essential. At this point I'm adding solid food very slowly.

• Posted

I have recently discovered vitamin C flares up my LP and when you think about it vitamin C boost your immune system. From what I've read about LP & OLP they are caused by an over active immune system. Also they both are inflammatory in nature, meaning the immune system is in a hight end state and attacking health cells causing inflammation. Inflammation is the body's reaction to protect itself in times of injury so boosting the immune system isn't a good idea.

In my case I don't get sick a lot or it doesn't last but a day and it's very mild if I do, which is rare. My point is if your making smoothes I would stay away from fruit and vegetables that have vitamin C as they my flare up the OLP.

• Posted

I don't think eating/drinking foods high in vit C or taking vit C tablets makes a huge difference. Your body will only absorb so much. After that it all gets excreted in your urine. It's only doing good (in my opinion)

I finally found a toothpaste that doesn't annoy my mouth when in flare up mode: Green Beaver's 'Zesty Orange' flavor

Tastes nice too

• Posted

I understand what your saying about the body only uses what it needs. If that's the case then why can someone die from to much vitamin D? Answer is because the body store it in our fat cells same goes for vitamin C. If you already have a over active immune system the body will use that vitamin C to produce more white blood cells even if you don't need them. When you stimulating a already over active immune system the body thinks it must be under attack still and defends it self by attacking healthy cells. Im sure you heard of the fight or flight responses, this is a response to stress, be it physical or mental your body response by releasing certain chemicals in the body that will boost immune response in turn producing inflammation and can cause anxiety, sore muscles and joints. The list goes on and on.

I've seen it in myself. I was eating a lot of fruit that contain vitamin C and couldn't figure out why my breakouts were getting more intense. I thought about it and stopped eating fruit high in vitamin C just to see what would happen and the breakouts slowly stopped. Then after about a month of no breakouts I started to come down with a cold so I foolishly took a vitamin C tablet and after the second day I started to see the breakouts come back. Cold was gone but It took a week till the breakouts stopped. I don't think it was by chance because after that I've been watching my vitamin C intake and I haven't had any breakouts since.

• Posted

You're right...

Too Much Vitamin C. Despite being a water-soluble vitamin that the body excretes when in excess, vitamin C overdoses have been shown to cause kidney stones, gout, diarrhea, and rebound scurvy. Point being, just because your body needs to replenish it everyday doesn't mean it can't cause problems if taken at higher does. I apologize that's not what I was trying to imply and I see that I did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.