LPR and Chronic Bronchitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, how are you all??

So i've got LPR and the following symptons: idiopathic chronic cough, lump in the throat, constant mucus hypesecretion being expelled by the cough and constant throat throat clearing.

As well as the following exams and medicines being currently taken: clear chest scan, normal pulmonary function test. Accarus allergy being treated with dymista. Nasopharyngolaryngoscopy with edema in the larynx. Nissen Fundiplacature done due to Hiatal Hernia and Barret's Esophagus. Carbamazepine for probable sensory neuropathic cough and Oximax for not anymore probable Asthma. PPI's and H2 Blockers in the past for the GERD symptons (heartburn) that i was having before the surgery and Gaviscon now.

My question is: even tho' i'm working on the LPR diet and doing all the classic GERD/LPR symptons control i'm still not having much relief so, could Chronic Bronchitis have been developed due to LPR even tho' i have clear chest scan and pulmonary function test?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That's a question for your doctor or nurse.

• Posted

Your docs must know something of what is happening as you wouldn't have achieved diagnosis.  also check patient UK or NHS choices site search box on each area of your questioning.

The BLF helpline may be able to advise you further also:

https://www.blf.org.uk/

• Posted

Oh but you have not had the chronic lung diagnosis yet, so as aitarg suggest check back in with your doctor and ask for appropriate tests to eliminate or confirm if you have or have not.

No point in guessing, test results are the indicators.

• Posted

Right, i'll see this case further with the lung doc, thanks Vee2

• Posted

Kevin I have know idea what your going thru, but it sound like there treating every type of sympton you might have, It all sounds like some form of acid reflux of some kind. I do believe diet is the most important thing with that condition, maybe ginger plant, peppermint etc many natural foods they might have already suggested, as far as chronic bronchitis that is upper lung, my COPD is emphysema that is lower part of lung, do you have shortnest of breath ? I'm sure I don't have to tell that stomach acid is no picnic,  Maybe homophathic treatments you would be surprised how many doctors are really taking this approach more and more.

• Posted

No, i don't have shortness of breath, it appears to be only the chronic cough and the mucus hypersecretion of the Bronchiti's symptons that i have.

• Posted

Just recognizes wring from 2 bouts of bronchitis from dec a cold I got from a snot nose kid anyway,what color is your flem do you have a stuffy nose.,wheeze or just a dry chronic cough.

whnat have you done for your condition since it started and how long has it been going on.

• Posted

No, not stuffy nose. I don't know if i really have wheezing 'cause i've kinda felt some wheezing one day when i was applying tests to my students that i tried to cough less, but normally i don't feel wheezing.

I have a dry chronic cough but it seems to be related to the mucus 'cause i'm always expelling it through the cough.

I've tried Nissen surgery, tried PPI's, H2 Blockers, Oximax for Asthma, Dymista for allergies (which i have but it didn't solved almost anything), cutting all the classic GERD food/beverages triggers and Gaviscon, as well as Carbamazepine.

I'm arranging some kitchen stuff right now to try doing a GERD/LPR diet, as well as buying Ginger and Aloe Vera, but i fear these won't really do much as i had had been trying some strict diet when i decided to use suplements. 

It's been going on for 2 years already and it seems to have been worsening since then. It has been a really infernal couch and mucus that i've been living with.

My mucus color is white, very, very sticky as you could glue stuff with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.