LS and sex

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I had sex with my bf and it was too painful we had to stop and I burst out crying, it's normally just abit painful at the start , but this time it was just too much, he was really understanding but it just really upset me thinking that I mightn't be able to have sex in the near future as I'm only 20, and wish to have children one day as well. I've been using dilators but I hadnt used them for about a week  prior to sex. But I was just wondering where about the pain is for other people during sex, if you have any, as I get it around the skin just before the opening of the vagina, but I also get it slightly inside the opening where the mucous membrane kind of starts. This made me think does LS affect that part? And now I'm wondering if I may have vulvodydinia as well as I know they can both occur together. Any insight on this would be appreciated 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jessicat,

Sorry I can't really offer much information to do with that but I wanted to reply because I completely understand how upsetting it is and have felt the same I am also on 22. I also really worry about the future and if it will just always make things really difficult and painful, I suppose atleast when it comes to kids there is the option of Cecerian but yeah I just wish it would go away. I had a similar thing with my boyfriend, one time I just started crying because I was so depressed that I could feel it tearing again on my Perimium and it just meant I couldn't enjoy it anymore which I find really depressing again and don't want to have to avoid sex. I feel like it's so unfair when at our age people expect to have sex all the time and that's what I always enjoyed too!

• Posted

Yeah it is such a horrible disease, I know there are much worse things we could have, but I would never have thought I would have problems with sex at this age. Have you tried using dilators? I have been but not as much as is recommended, so I'm going to try and keep up with that and hope things might improve. I've never had a tear, I can't imagine how painful that must be. It is quite depressing thinking that other people can just carry on enjoying things without a care, while we are suffering with this, that makes daily things extremely uncomfortable. 
    • Posted

I know, when I was younger I was never aware that there was anything like this, if someone had told me that there is a disease that can make your vagine close up and clit disappear I would have thought it was made up out of a horror film! Luckily it hasn't yet got to that point for me and hopefully it never will for either of us! I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago so haven't used any dilators or anything, the main problem I have had is little tears and when I went to a gyno she noticed that the skin looked like LS, I have an follow up appointment tomorrow so hopefully it will be positive, in terms of response to cream but I am just finding it all hard to come to terms with. Have you been diagnosed for a while?
    • Posted

I was diagnosed in October, so not for that long. I have had syptoms since last feb though .Yeah i didnt have the shock about the condition that most people do, as my dermotligist didnt really tell me the details of the condition, he basically said i will get better with the steroid cream. But when i  started getting new symptoms i found this site and it really helped me, i have hardly any itching or burning now since using coconut oil, its just the whole pain issue that doesnt seem to be getting any better. good luck with the follow up smile
  • Posted

Bless you both, you poor young girls! My heart absolutely goes out to you both to be trying to cope with this at your ages! It's totally unfair. But you will cope, just like others here. My thoughts are with you and a prayer too, if that's OK. Xx
    • Posted

Recently diagnosed myself and it's a constant battle of trial and error. I thought since the cream had helped that sex would be ok too. How wrong was I !!!! My heart goes out to you being so young. I can tell you that vaginal dilators if used regularly and correctly will start to make a difference. I started two weeks ago on advice from a friend of mine who is a nurse. Already I have moved onto the second size ( the sets tend to come in several sizes and girths) and the difference is amazing .... No pain or tearing so don't give up .... Slow and steady wins this race. I wish you nothing but success and following the advice of your GP or gynaecologist/dermatologist and the ladies on here you will improve. Don't give up hope .... Hugs to you xx
  • Posted

I'm much older from you (65), but perhaps my experiences give some hope.  I have been very determent to turn things around, in spite of the odds.  

I still dilate every other day and to have intercourse we use coconut oil as a lubricant.  Without dilation it would not be possible.  I also use hormone replacement and think it is part of my 'well being'.  Not to forget my diet. (watch your sugar intake, is a general warning)

LS does not ever leave you and needs constant maintenance, but the way it goes is liveable and we can enjoy each other without pain.  Of course a certain gentleness is required.

Most successful I've been with my baking soda baths (1/3 cup) and rinses (with the help of three pinches in a Perin bottle) after each bathroom visit and then applying coconut oil.  

I think it is most important to keep fusing at bay. And I think the baking soda 'regime' has helped me with that and has terrible fusing put in reverse; more and more of the fusing eventually let go and the clitoris is as good as back.

My 'two cents'.  I hope you will overcome and find the best ways for you to make it liveable.    

• Posted

That's really good news about the reverse fusing, I have been trying baking soda sprays now and again and it has helped with the discomfort, I can't have baking soda baths as we only have a shower in the flat I live in, so that's a shame
    • Posted

Instead of a bath, when I'm travelling with travel trailer, I use a sitzbath that you can place on top of a toilet bowl.  They're fairly inexpensive to purchase and does the job like a bath would do.  And of course it takes a lesser amount of baking soda and less water.  

Regular attention to the LS makes all the difference.  When I neglect my routine the LS soon lets me know.  Therefore I made it into some kind of 'lifestyle'.  

• Posted

You can make a little baking soda bath in a plastic container, like the kind of container you would put in the sink for doing dishes.  Just dissolve baking soda in warm water and sit in in for a little while.  You may feel silly doing it, but it will help!  

• Posted

Yes Lauren,  I use steroid cream as well.  Though not so often anymore, only when I feel the symptoms.  Not that long ago I used the smallest amount twic a week.  It now is occasional.  The LS somehow stays in the background at present.  I do keep my routine with the baking soda baths and rinses, plus the coconut oil for moisturizing.  
    • Posted

And the regular dilation procedure as well, and the diet and the hormone replacement.  
    • Posted

"As good as back".  This is encouraging news. I have never heard of using the baking soda I will give it a try. My doctor currently has me on an HRT  and mild steroid combo.  It certainly can't hurt to add baking soda to this mix.
    • Posted

Keep doing all the things you're doing and add the baking soda baths and rinses.  I believe it is the combination of all these things, plus regular dilation.  Even though LS will never go away, it makes it liveable.
    • Posted

Hi , if you only have a shower can I recommend that you purchase a portable bidet that just sits inside the rim of the toilet bowl. commonly known as a "sitz bath". You can actually purchase the "fold down" ones making storage easier and easy for packing into suitcase etc for travelling on holiday etc. Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.